Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz to Chin Length

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Buzz to Chin Length

Hi everyone with hair shorter than chin, I thought this is a better "length topic" than the original Super Shorties, as that one really seemed more of a question than a long term topic

"super shorties" in my opinion is buzz to pixie, so the people nearing chin don't really fit there and haven't quite graduated to Chin - shoulder
    that is my reasoning anyway maybe its splitting hairs (hardy har har)

But I think Buzz to Chin works better and would match the other length topics in the resources list

happy growing!

(mods feel free to move/close this topic if I'm not allowed to make an updated version)
    🦇No Trims 20 Months🦇

🦇 1 2 3 4 5 x4🦇

Length
    buzz/16/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Buzz to Chin Length

Ooh! Controversial, Bat! I always kind of liked that the Super Shorties thread was, ironically, one of the longest on the forum.
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019

buzz -- shaggy pixie-ish mess -- chin length -- SL -- APL -- MBL -- waist -- hip

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Ooh! Controversial, Bat! I always kind of liked that the Super Shorties thread was, ironically, one of the longest on the forum.
    That's me, pushing boundaries, and hey that is funny, I'm pretty sure this will probably be moved/closed I'd be happy of they changed the name of the old one, not sure why I'm caring tbh I'm not even really here anymore, just my shave side is

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I think this is much better, personally. The "super shorties" thread also implies it is for people not necessarily wanting to grow long, I think that is its function, if I'm not mistaken, and that is why some might not find it supports them enough in their efforts to actively grow longer.

Liking this already!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    1"/38"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Yep, what lapushka said. This thread seems like the starting point to seriously growing out some hair!

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I think this is much better, personally. The "super shorties" thread also implies it is for people not necessarily wanting to grow long, I think that is its function, if I'm not mistaken, and that is why some might not find it supports them enough in their efforts to actively grow longer.

Liking this already!
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    Yep, what lapushka said. This thread seems like the starting point to seriously growing out some hair!
    Hopefully the mods see it this way too. I wouldn't mind if they throw this one and change the name of the other one I wouldn't be too phased

Length
    Pixie/CBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    "super shorties" in my opinion is buzz to pixie, so the people nearing chin don't really fit there and haven't quite graduated to Chin - shoulder
    that is my reasoning anyway maybe its splitting hairs (hardy har har)
    I considered my hair chin-length way before it reached the point of my chin for this reason! Maybe this is all because my hair has been short for so long, but to me a jaw-length bob is very distinctly different from a pixie and takes a lot of growing and a lot of de-mullet trimming to get there. It wasn't until after I had joined the chin-to-shoulder thread that I realized most people considered chin-length to be point-of-the-chin rather than jaw-ish. Oops!

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

This is a thread for me💙

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    I considered my hair chin-length way before it reached the point of my chin for this reason! Maybe this is all because my hair has been short for so long, but to me a jaw-length bob is very distinctly different from a pixie and takes a lot of growing and a lot of de-mullet trimming to get there. It wasn't until after I had joined the chin-to-shoulder thread that I realized most people considered chin-length to be point-of-the-chin rather than jaw-ish. Oops!
    Yep exactly maybe I should have called this pixie to chin so super shorties could still exist!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Yep exactly maybe I should have called this pixie to chin so super shorties could still exist!
    I don't think they'll be merged (I can always be wrong) because this is a growing thread & the super shorties is more for people not wanting to grow, being glad with what they have, or currenlty maintaining etc. I mean, I always thought the super shorties was for stagnation.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)