Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz to Chin Length

Length
    bsl/mbl/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Default Re: Buzz to Chin Length

Growing out hair isn't hard, patience is hard.

Morning words o'wisdom from the Murph

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

My grandpa used to say to me "Patience is a virtue that you do not possess." He was right about that. Oh well, nothing to be done about it anyway.

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

You don't have to grow long hair if you don't want to you are still a valid member of this place

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

Thanks Bat, I would love a bob cut but I like either a pixie or a bob, not the in between. I'm just always confused about what I really want hair wise. I'm pretty sure I'll never go longer than a bob though. I may end up having a pixie forever since it's just so ingrained into my identity. My entire family just expect my hair to be short because it has been for so long and everytime it gets right to the short chin length bob I cut it right back off again. I just don't know. I feel more "me" with pixie cuts, but I drool over bob cuts too. Maybe I should compromise and grow into a longer messy pixie and then reevaluate. You'd think at my age (40) I really would be less wishy washy. I do know that whatever I decide to do I'm going to keep the bottom layers trimmed and let the top and sides get a bit longer, then I'll decide.

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

We get to wear a hat at work! I like that because now it doesn't matter what the hair under it looks like.

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by momof3mary View Post
    Thanks Bat, I would love a bob cut but I like either a pixie or a bob, not the in between. I'm just always confused about what I really want hair wise. I'm pretty sure I'll never go longer than a bob though. I may end up having a pixie forever since it's just so ingrained into my identity. My entire family just expect my hair to be short because it has been for so long and everytime it gets right to the short chin length bob I cut it right back off again. I just don't know. I feel more "me" with pixie cuts, but I drool over bob cuts too. Maybe I should compromise and grow into a longer messy pixie and then reevaluate. You'd think at my age (40) I really would be less wishy washy. I do know that whatever I decide to do I'm going to keep the bottom layers trimmed and let the top and sides get a bit longer, then I'll decide.
    I'm certainly wishy washy with Color and Style ( black/ not black) (side shaves/all even)so I understand how hard it is. You could keep the pixie and just look for a lace front Bob wig when you feel the need for a Bob. The wig might also convince you to grow longer the isn't a point growing it if you are miserable, I know for me long hair is more 'me' my aesthetic never feels complete until I put a long wig on. getting to Shoulder with even hair is the hard part
    Last edited by Bat; May 17th, 2021 at 04:43 PM.

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

I do love a good bob wig!

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Wigs can be fun!

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

On the work side of life, I get to figure out how to cook 55 poached eggs during breakfast service within a 20 minute time frame. Good thing my kids like eggs because they are my guinea pigs over my next 3 days off. I can poach eggs, I've just never made a bulk amount before. On the hair side of life, I have had a lot of thinning on the sides and by my temples over the last few months. It's slowly improving so I believe it's mostly stress related as my stress levels have gone down significantly since my Dad moved to his own place and isn't fighting with all of my neighbors anymore. It's still noticeable to me though, so bleh.

Length
    Shorn/SL+/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by momof3mary View Post
    On the work side of life, I get to figure out how to cook 55 poached eggs during breakfast service within a 20 minute time frame. Good thing my kids like eggs because they are my guinea pigs over my next 3 days off. I can poach eggs, I've just never made a bulk amount before. On the hair side of life, I have had a lot of thinning on the sides and by my temples over the last few months. It's slowly improving so I believe it's mostly stress related as my stress levels have gone down significantly since my Dad moved to his own place and isn't fighting with all of my neighbors anymore. It's still noticeable to me though, so bleh.
    In time you won't notice the difference as it grows