Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

Hi all! New member "dreamingofcurls" here!

I still have yet to "type" my hair because it's been awhile since I last took accurate pics, and I just washed my hair on Saturday. I'm debating whether or not to wash it tonight or tomorrow, or to wait the extra couple of days since I've heard before that it's best to wash once a week if possible. I'm just so excited to finally figure out what type I am!

I've dreamed of having long hair for years, ever since I was in grade school. One of the girls in my class had the prettiest classic length hair, the likes of which I'd never seen (outside of stories/films). This is the first time I think I've really established a more honest effort towards meeting that goal though, so we'll see how it goes!
    How long has it been since you guys started working on your hair? Growing it, becoming more familiar with it, establishing certain habits, etc?

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

Hi there! Welcome to the forum! I've been on my long hair journey off and on since I was 14 years old in high school. When I reached the age of 18 I did reach BSL but then I cut it back to shoulder length, and I wore it at that length for many years from 18 years old up until I was 26 years old. I got some extension and let it grow out to a little pass my shoulders up until I made 26 years old. Then, when I made either 28 or 29 years old I decided to bleach my hair and it was still rather long like armpit length. Then, I darkened it to a plum color, and it was still long at armpit length. Then, I bleached it again when I was in my early 30's, and I would get scissor-happy and trimmed it back to shoulder length. Then come 2010 is when I first discovered LHC, and I've been on my long hair journey ever since. i've been growing my hair long for the last 10 years.

Thank you! It's nice to feel so welcomed here.
    Wow, that's a good bit of time! It's cool that you began so early, too. I wish I had realized the value of my own hair at that time, too. I think I remember my hair usually being somewhere around BSL to WL most of my life, but it's not something I really paid attention to or thought about until more recently now that it's all gone.
    It sounds like you had a lot of time to experiment though, which is awesome. Plum-colored hair...sounds amazing!! I've only had highlights before but colors like that keep me tempted.

How do you like your hair now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum! I've been on my long hair journey off and on since I was 14 years old in high school. When I reached the age of 18 I did reach BSL but then I cut it back to shoulder length, and I wore it at that length for many years from 18 years old up until I was 26 years old. I got some extension and let it grow out to a little pass my shoulders up until I made 26 years old. Then, when I made either 28 or 29 years old I decided to bleach my hair and it was still rather long like armpit length. Then, I darkened it to a plum color, and it was still long at armpit length. Then, I bleached it again when I was in my early 30's, and I would get scissor-happy and trimmed it back to shoulder length. Then come 2010 is when I first discovered LHC, and I've been on my long hair journey ever since. i've been growing my hair long for the last 10 years.
    Just realized I forgot to quote-reply :,)

Thank you! It's nice to feel so welcomed here.
    Wow, that's a good bit of time! It's cool that you began so early, too. I wish I had realized the value of my own hair at that time, too. I think I remember my hair usually being somewhere around BSL to WL most of my life, but it's not something I really paid attention to or thought about until more recently now that it's all gone.
    It sounds like you had a lot of time to experiment though, which is awesome. Plum-colored hair...sounds amazing!! I've only had highlights before but colors like that keep me tempted.

How do you like your hair now?

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

It'll be 10 years this October since I started growing, starting around BSL. It's a long road but an enjoyable one; my younger self would be very happy to see where I am now.

That's so cool! Definitely something to be proud of. I feel a lot more encouraged about my own journey reading this, as well as everyone else's posts. I guess it's never too late to start. Also, love the pics! I'm getting very pretty faerie/elvish vibes mixed with something painterly.

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    It'll be 10 years this October since I started growing, starting around BSL. It's a long road but an enjoyable one; my younger self would be very happy to see where I am now.
    Forgot to quote-reply :
    But that's so cool! Definitely something to be proud of. I feel a lot more encouraged about my own journey reading this, as well as everyone else's posts. I guess it's never too late to start. Also, love the pics! I'm getting very pretty faerie/elvish vibes mixed with something painterly.

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dreamingofcurls View Post
    Forgot to quote-reply :
    But that's so cool! Definitely something to be proud of. I feel a lot more encouraged about my own journey reading this, as well as everyone else's posts. I guess it's never too late to start. Also, love the pics! I'm getting very pretty faerie/elvish vibes mixed with something painterly.
    Aw thank you I am an artist, so you're spot-on!

Length
    13/27.5/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I suppose my current hair journey started in December of 2019. I started growing out my hair from a pixie a few years before that, but due to some hair decisions I made I chopped off a bunch of damage at that time and made a dedicated effort to take better care of my hair and grow it really long. Once I found LHC, it became a lot easier and I've been learning new things about my hair and hair care in general ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by KokoroDragon View Post
    I suppose my current hair journey started in December of 2019. I started growing out my hair from a pixie a few years before that, but due to some hair decisions I made I chopped off a bunch of damage at that time and made a dedicated effort to take better care of my hair and grow it really long. Once I found LHC, it became a lot easier and I've been learning new things about my hair and hair care in general ever since!
    That's a good bit of time! I definitely relate to the hair-chopping thing though. I went ahead and got rid of mine a couple of months ago (maybe August?) and it's been crazy ever since. I'm trying to learn my type as I mentioned in my original post! Your hair looks beautiful.

What do you think has been the best or most useful part of the community experience to you and how it changed your approach on self (hair) care?