Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

Default Re: How long ago did your hair growth journey start?

It seems all my life I’ve wanted long hair, but rarely had it because I was always trying to FIX it somehow. About three years ago, during a miserably hot summer, I had it cut to about chin length. Aside from the length, it wasn’t even a good cut, and I hated it so much I just stopped looking at my hair for a while. As it grew, I tried to decide how to FIX it next, but could never quite come up with a plan. It kept on growing, I kept on doing nothing, and after a while, I couldn’t even imagine picking up my scissors again. That’s about when I ran across LHC (I discovered I already had an account, which I must have set up in the olden days of confusion). My hair is about BSL now, and it’s not the prettiest hair in town, but it’s my personal prettiest. I’m at peace with it!

Type
    1b/F/ii

2 years and 3 months ago, quite precisely. 😊
    APL BSL MBL WL+ HL TBL CL
    Bangs - Blunt hemline

O
    n a Long Hair Journey since 10/2018

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think 2019, almost 2 years, since that's when I finally cut the damaged hair left from hair dyes / heat and my goal became only length since before it was length and health, but if we consider the moment I actually started to care more about my hair to grow it long and healthy, then 2016, tha's almost 5 years ago!!
    SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL
    GOAL ACHIEVED: Gave up dye on April 24, 2016. Very last trim to get a full head of natural hair on May 30, 2019

Length
    CL-10/MB-27/MTL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I've always had waist to hip hair, up until I decided to get a very short bob when I was about 14 years old. I never took good care of my hair before that, and it definitely needed to be trimmed, but I mostly wanted a big change in one go.
    I really liked it the first few weeks but looking back I don't think it suited me at all! The layers were growing out weirdly and it was a bit of a mess. Around this time I started to really want to colour my hair, and afters months of bugging my parents about bleaching it, they gave in. Then it kind of went downhill from that, I was constantly changing hair colours between the age of 16 and 17, until dying it black and chopping it to chin length in 2018 because it was so damaged (to be expected haha).
    After that I decided I really wanted my long hair back and started the process of growing the bleached parts out and trimming them. Now at 19, my hair is completely virgin after letting it grow for around two years, and it's at mid-back (almost at waist) length. So I think it started in October of 2018 to be precise

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

12 years ago, I was 19! (Goodness gracious, was I ever that young??)

I remember finding LHC in 2009 while researching henna and I think it took me two days to decide that all I wanted from life was classic length hair (I was at chin length then). I got to my dream goal of classic length in 2017 I think, grew for a little bit longer and then decided to bleach and chop so I could grow out my natural color with a less-obvious demarcation line.

I loved loved loved my henna'd hair, and I actually really enjoyed the last 2 years of bobs and lobs and fantasy colors, but I miss the tactile sensation of long hair on my skin, so I'm happy to be growing again and trying to enjoy the journey.
    Last edited by veryhairyfairy; February 24th, 2021 at 01:14 PM. Reason: didn't math correctly :lol:
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Only last august! Until then I had never ever even considered the damage I was doing to my hair and that that might be why it wouldnt grow. I just thought I had bad hair!!

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Chin/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

2014, got to WL then some post-partum boredom caused me to cut to SL and I never grew it back until now when I officially decided that the goal I had of getting to hip has never gone away. Its different this time, I'm enjoying the mini milestones a lot more this go around and I know some tips and tricks that work for me that I didn't have last time that is helping me with much less experimentation needed.

Length
    APL/37/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beetle View Post
    It seems all my life I’ve wanted long hair, but rarely had it because I was always trying to FIX it somehow. About three years ago, during a miserably hot summer, I had it cut to about chin length. Aside from the length, it wasn’t even a good cut, and I hated it so much I just stopped looking at my hair for a while. As it grew, I tried to decide how to FIX it next, but could never quite come up with a plan. It kept on growing, I kept on doing nothing, and after a while, I couldn’t even imagine picking up my scissors again. That’s about when I ran across LHC (I discovered I already had an account, which I must have set up in the olden days of confusion). My hair is about BSL now, and it’s not the prettiest hair in town, but it’s my personal prettiest. I’m at peace with it!
    This sounds so familiar. My current erffort to grow my hair long has started in october 2017 with a cutback to apl. Now, around bcl, my hair is by far the longest it has ever been.

Length
    31ish/73/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I used to have hip length hair as a kid, and I always dreamed of hair so long I could sit on it. I didn't take good care of it when I was at university and it was gradually getting shorter and shorter. It had to be trimmed back to almost shoulder length at one point. The moment I decided to actively grow my hair, rather than just wistfully wishing it was longer, was just after I got engaged. That was towards the end of 2010, and my hair was between BSL and waist. I joined here in March 2011, so I've been growing for just over ten years. That's actually quite terrifying!

~There is no spoon~

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

As long as I've been here. About 15/16 years now. So I was early 30s.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)