Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ayurvedic Hair Wash Seen On holistichabits

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Ayurvedic Hair Wash Seen On holistichabits

I did an impromptu wash partially because my hair was really weighed down by sebum. It was shiny but also impossible to work with.

This time I decided to leave out all of the conditioning agents. Instead I made a tea from shikikak powder, waited for it to cool down slightly and worked UT into my hair. Once it felt sufficiently cool I added a mixture of egg white and rosewater then rinsed with cool water.

So far this is my favorite herbal wash technique.

My hair ended up with a lot of body and a reasonable amount of shine.

Side note: since beginning this my nails have become much much stronger. I can't be sure if it's the was herbs or a dietary increase of milk products. I'm guessing... Both?

Length
    20/24/80
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I went about two weeks between washes and washed again yesterday. I used the iongredients featured in the video above and added ground oatmeal, rose water and hibiscus. I let them sit in my mini crokpot for a day then strained it through a sieve, stored it in the fridge and washed with it two days later.

Instead of using a conditioner or DIY mask I followed the wash up with a rinse made from hibiscus tea, rosemary tea, rosewater and flax gel.

Leaving out the DIY mask seems to have worked well. My hair isn't as shiny but it feels soft. I think that maybe these herbs are gentle enough and conditioning enough to forgo conditioning most of the time.

ETA: While brushing my hair I noticed some white stuff in it. I'm pretty sure it's the oatmeal. I added it to help soothe my scalp but I think next time I'll leave it out.
    What about just making a tea/ milk from the oatmeal instead?? Like you would do with almonds... Use more water than oatmeal then strain and add that to your mix. Then you wouldn't have the white bits but you WOULD have the calming benefits. Like a colloidal oat bath for your scalp. Might work. Btw, your hair looks LOVELY!!!
    Last edited by lilelf; February 25th, 2021 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Spwlling mistake

Length
    2/28/40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Saponins are poor cleansers so possibly would work for a drier hair type.