Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy hairstyle ideas for classic+ hair

Length
    28/48/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Crazy hairstyle ideas for classic+ hair

Hello! It's been ages since I last created a thread in this side of the forums, so let's see if I remember how one does it

I'm a teacher for kids aged 3 to 6 (pre-K, kindergarten and... pre-pre-K?) and this year we're doing "crazy hair day" at the school as one way of celebrating carnival... and I don't know what hairstyle to wear! We're teaching on site and I've got a 30min car ride (one way) to get there, so it needs to be something that can be comfortably worn in a car without being a danger in case of a sudden need to brake. For now all I've comed up is bleaching and dying the lower half of my hair again, but I'm not sure the bleach would get here on time. Any ideas?

Feel free to share what you've done with your hair for these kind of days, even if it's not something that would work for me, I'd love to see it!

(I think my hair stats are updated, but in case they're not: I'm at classic, with dark brown 2c fine ii hair)

Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - Fingertip! - Thigh - Knee
    2c - F - ii
    Lady Withywindle, Keeper of the Old Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Crazy hairstyle ideas for classic+ hair

How about a few braids with super colorful parandi?
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

You could braid in wire (aluminum is bendy, or get some chenille sticks) and make braids in fancy shapes. If you go up and to the side rather than in the back, you could probably sit in the car easily enough.

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Last time we had a crazy hair day at school, I just bunned it and got a pile of sparkly curling ribbons (the stuff you top presents with) and pinned those on. Quick and easy.

I should have a pic somewhere...I’ll add it if I find it...because we all love pics!
    Last edited by PeonyBlue; January 24th, 2021 at 01:02 PM.
    Letting my hair do whatever it wants to do!

Is it a possibility to get there early and do your hair there, rather than before you leave? That will give you more options, because they won't have to be car-friendly...

(Some of the Youtube videos about kids' hairstyles for holidays or crazy hair days might be helpful?)

ETA: a search on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...air+day+styles
    Last edited by Kat; January 24th, 2021 at 01:01 PM.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Check out Torrin Paige on YouTube. She has classic length hair and has quite a few out there hairstyles.
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    ~20"/55"/55"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've been meaning to do something like torrin paiges wired disc mohawk, but with the coils done as loose, intertwined filiagree rather than tight coils. You could probably bend the back part to lay flat against your head, then unbend it when you get to school since it's held in place with wire.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

We have a thread floating around here where it's a bun and people wear all of their hairtoys in it (or at least a good portion ) and that is maybe a cool thing to do. Or do the "Rudolf bun"!
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/318066792407898798/ (no idea if this page is accessible to all, but if you Google "Rudolf bun, it is the first thing you stumble upon)
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    WL/FTL/FTL?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Maybe multiple buns, perhaps with unusual placements? At least three, if not more. The other suggestion of wearing all (or at least many more than usual, depending on the size of your collection and how many can fit in your hair at once) your hair toys at once might also be a suitable idea.
    waist / hip / tailbone / classic / fingertip / knee / calf? / ankle? / floor? / terminal??
    knee by 2021?

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Narya, with your hair, you could pull off cola bottle craziness! There are other ideas, like mermaids, unicorns, cupcakes, iced doughnuts, cereal, and surfer waves pictured in that link, too.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~