Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aloe vera products vs. fresh aloe vera?

Default Aloe vera products vs. fresh aloe vera?

What kind of experience do you have from aloe vera products? In my experience they don't work like fresh aloe vera, meaning that fresh aloe works wonders and packed products don't. I wonder if the problem is that aloe doesn't stay good long times when it's packed, or if the companies are cheating and their 99% aloe vera really is not what they say in the package.

Default Re: Aloe vera products vs. fresh aloe vera?

Actually it feels to me that many diy products too work well only when I have just mixed them one minute ago, and if I let them wait long time (for example conditioner with added acv ready in the conditioner bottle) for usage they don't have same good effect anymore. It only works good If I mix conditioner with acv right before I put it into my hair. Do you have same kind of experiences or not? ... 🤔

Hmm I see I posted this now into wrong section...

Default Fresh aloe vera vs. aloe vera products?

What kind of experience do you have from aloe vera products? In my experience they don't work like fresh aloe vera, meaning that fresh aloe works wonders and packed products don't. I wonder if the problem is that aloe doesn't stay good long times when it's packed, or if the companies are cheating and their 99% aloe vera really is not what they say in the package.

Default Re: Fresh aloe vera vs. aloe vera products?

Actually it feels to me that many diy products too work well only when I have just mixed them one minute ago, and if I let them wait long time (for example conditioner with added acv ready in the conditioner bottle) for usage they don't have same good effect anymore. It only works good If I mix conditioner with acv right before I put it into my hair. Do you have same kind of experiences or not? ... 🤔

This topic can be removed, I copied this to the right group 🙂

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Might be because of the added preservatives in store bought aloe vera. If you aren't using pure aloe straight from the plant, preservatives are necessary to prevent bacteria growth for shelf life. So no, not really 100% if you count that in, but I like to use fruit of the earth's aloe vera gel with no alcohol, it works great for me and is about as pure as you can get with store bought aloe
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 21st, 2021 at 08:58 PM.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I noticed an extreme difference between aloe vera and aloe vera gel products. Keep in mind that products that are labeled as "99% gel" are saying they are gel... not that they are aloe vera gel! Fruit of the earth is more thickener than aloe vera.

That being said, getting it from the leaf for me is better, but not so great that it's worth the energy, so I would be content with either or, generally speaking, as long as I felt it wasn't just one of those 1% aloe gimics.

Aloe vera juice that is food grade would also be more reliable.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Nvm........
    Last edited by JasminxCat; July 14th, 2021 at 10:26 PM.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I know what you mean, Priska. Fruit Of The Earth is one found in drugstores, and they say “100% Gel” on the package, and people take that to mean 100% aloe, when it’s not. I tried to find a figure online before to see what percentage aloe is in there, but couldn’t. But basically if it’s shelf stable and doesn’t need to be refrigerated, it’s probably not going to have too much real aloe in there.

The ones I’ve used before for burns and hair loss, are Aubrey Organics (not sure if it’s still good, the company went through some changes), and Mountain Rose Herbs. Those are liquid-y and have a slight natural smell. You have to refrigerate them after opening. There’s some vitamin E to help preserve and xanthan gum to thicken, but still mostly aloe. I do think the other drugstore kinds might be good for certain other purposes, like shaving, or as a hair gel, though.