Thread: The Soy-free Product Thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default The Soy-free Product Thread

I wanted to make a thread for people who are specifically looking to avoid soy and soy biproducts in their hair products. Some people might be avoiding soy due to allergies, other's might avoid soy for environmental, ethical, or other health reasons.

Finding products that are free from soy and its derivatives can be a nightmare. If your anything like, the products you have on hand are simply the only ones you could find that don't list soy at all.

I'm hoping this thread will help people looking for soy-free hair products navigate what's available a bit better.

If you are avoiding soy for any reason, please feel free to make a post here discussing anything related to soy-free hair products.

Below, I will be keeping a running list of soy-free hair products mentioned in the thread for convenience sake. Any product issues will be included in parenthesis after the product name.

Shampoo

-Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Potent Aloe + Hemp Sulfate Free, Frizz Control Shampoo

Conditioner

-Nexxus Hydra-Light Conditioner* (May cause allergic reaction/contact dermatitis)
    -Not Your Mother's Naturals - Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Conditioner (Product leaves a heavy build up that will not rinse out)

* These items contain tocopherol/tocopheryl acetate/Vitamin E of unspecified origins. Since the origins of tocopherol are left largely undefined on most product labels personal research might be required of these items for the sake of safety.
    Last edited by jane_marie; January 19th, 2021 at 08:31 AM.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: The Soy-free Product Thread

I feel dumb for posting this because you've probably already seen it, but on a lark I started looking around and found this article: https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlr...ir-products-si

Hopefully it helps.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights