Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Days 7 Buns

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Cool 7 Days 7 Buns

I have been stalking the "Wear hair up for a month/few months/year challenge" thread but as someone who rarely wears their hair up at all this seemed quite overwhelming for me. I've also been a big fan of the "Show me your buns" thread which has given me lots of bun inspiration, but I usually shy away from new hairstyles as I find something that works and do it over and over again.

So to push me out of my comfort zone and try some new hairstyles I decided to do a 7 day, 7 new bun challenge for myself and I wanted to share the pics with all you lovely people who inspired me to do it.

Sunday - A (failed) Nautilus bun, I think my hair is just slightly too short for this.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Monday - A (messy) lazy wrap bun. I like this one but I had to re-do it a few times to get it to stay.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tuesday - A disc bun - This was my favourite and it held all day!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Wednesday - A plaited Chinese bun. It was wash day so I wanted to try a plait bun, was not even on my head but looked cute.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thursday - A french twist. Somehow looks MASSIVE. very cute but gave me a massive headache.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Friday - A modified pretzel bun. Another one that held really well but lots of loose ends!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Saturday - An equilibrium bun, sort of. My hair is a bit too short for this but I wanted to make an attempt. plus a new hair stick!
    [IMG][/IMG]

I had lots of fun with this little challenge I set myself and I think I will definitely be wearing my hair up more. If anybody has any bun suggestions for around BSL hair I'd love to hear them!
    Last edited by BuddhaBelle; January 16th, 2021 at 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: 7 Days 7 Buns

Oh my goodness, your ends popping out are just adorable. Great job getting your hair to stay up. You remind me of my attempts to get my hair up way back at BSL.

Length
    Pixie/APL+/???
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

What a great week of hair! I particularly love your "failed Nautilus". And good to know that the Disc bun was the most secure for you -- your hair looks like a much thicker version of mine, so I'll try that first when I have enough length!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

A Nautilus is just possible, if I keep my hair at classic, layered. If it weren't layered, it'd be thicker, and I'd need much more length than that for sure. It was cute though!

I applaud you for trying a new bun each day.

Totally opposite to me. I do one bun and then stick to it indefinitely. I had years where I did LWB (lazy wrap buns) 24/7, year in year out. Now it's a Nautilus. It's a good bun, I need my hair up. Good enough.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

This was a great idea for a thread and I really enjoyed your photos. I consider the disc bun my favorite workhorse when I want to be sure it will stay put. I always use a disc bun at my nape when I'm gardening for that reason and because I can still put my straw hat on while wearing it.

That Nautilus sure doesn't look like a fail. I assume that it wasn't secure but it's obvious that you will master it soon.

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    Oh my goodness, your ends popping out are just adorable. Great job getting your hair to stay up. You remind me of my attempts to get my hair up way back at BSL.
    teehee thank you! oh gosh I know what you mean, it's getting easier at least

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    What a great week of hair! I particularly love your "failed Nautilus". And good to know that the Disc bun was the most secure for you -- your hair looks like a much thicker version of mine, so I'll try that first when I have enough length!
    haha I don't think I could do the fail nautilius if I tried! oh yes!! let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    A Nautilus is just possible, if I keep my hair at classic, layered. If it weren't layered, it'd be thicker, and I'd need much more length than that for sure. It was cute though!

Totally opposite to me. I do one bun and then stick to it indefinitely. I had years where I did LWB (lazy wrap buns) 24/7, year in year out. Now it's a Nautilus. It's a good bun, I need my hair up. Good enough.
    oh that's good to keep in mind!! thank you!! i probably won't be doing a different bun every day but I've fond a few more I want to try so I will definitely go this little challenge again
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I love this thread! Your hair buns are so pretty!

I've tried some of the buns you did and they're working great

The disc bun is nice, i think i need more practice with it because mine feels a bit loose ; ;

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

I've seen a video for a modified nautilus bun done on APL hair (can link it here if there's interest!), but I wonder if that one is highly dependent on hair thickness? Such as, maybe if your hair is really thick you need longer hair to do it than someone with thinner hair.

I have maybe three options for buns at shoulder length lol, this thread gives me some good ideas for buns to try as my hair grows longer.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Very pretty and inspiring. The ends coming out gives it character, so pretty. I need to do something like this for myself too... would be nice to find some new updos

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Good idea for a thread! I think I could only manage a bun long weekend i.e. 3 different buns, cinnabun, LWB and nautilus.

I’ve done a disc bun - once - but get confused having two strands and go wrong with it
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...