Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry ends

Default Re: Dry ends

Hi thanks.
    The strand test idea is very interesting I'll definitely give it a go!
    If it looks like I need some kind of protein treatment that's something I can easily try too.

Hi shelomit
    My hair overall is liking the fact that I've cut down on washes. I like the idea of putting a bit of oil on straight after washing and then I can always use a spray bottle to re wet it at night between washes if it needs a little more oil .
    I generally oil all of my hair before washing and do a little massage and hot oil treatment - would you reccomend wetting my hair first when I do that?
    I agree I dont think it's time related I always either leave the oil on and have a good soak in the bath or wrap it and go under a warmer turban thing.

Thanks again lapushka
    Yeah I'm definitely in it for the long haul so I think that's for the best! Its was extremely damaged (bleached at home 3x in a week and lots of heat damage on top before I decided to care about my hair!) But I think the fact its growing and looks like hair again is a good sign so I'll just try and power through!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBee View Post
    Thanks again lapushka
    Yeah I'm definitely in it for the long haul so I think that's for the best! Its was extremely damaged (bleached at home 3x in a week and lots of heat damage on top before I decided to care about my hair!) But I think the fact its growing and looks like hair again is a good sign so I'll just try and power through!
    If it's bleached that many times, pay close attention to the elasticity of the hair, when it's wet. If your hair feels "normal" then no worries. But if it feels mushy, meaning you can stretch it out (and it will pull like chewing gum) then you need some protein. If it snaps, on the other hand, when pulled, then you need moisture. Keeping that balance is important in damaged hair.

But if it's normal, then regular products should do, normally they are balanced automatically.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Aragon oil really helps my ends, I love hennasoq's Aragon oil!
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)