Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegan BBB or tampico brush?

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Question Vegan BBB or tampico brush?

So you all have tempted me to get myself a BBB but my problem is that I am vegan so I have been looking for an alternative but all i've been seeing is wooden combs. I want something to effectively distribute the oils in my hair alongside all the benefits of the BBB so this isn't exactly right.

I have seen vegan versions of this brush with plant fibres, like this tampico brush, does anybody have experience with this sort of thing? Thanks!!!!
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Vegan BBB or tampico brush?

No experience of the brush you linked, sorry. The bristles look quite long on it, so I’ll be interested to see how you find it. The idea of BBB is the bristles are the most similar to human hair. However natural BBB do vary in stiffness with the bristles - the first one I had the bristles were far too soft, it just mushed into my hair without getting through to my scalp. Resigned it to a dog grooming brush and bought a better one!

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    No experience of the brush you linked, sorry. The bristles look quite long on it, so I’ll be interested to see how you find it. The idea of BBB is the bristles are the most similar to human hair. However natural BBB do vary in stiffness with the bristles - the first one I had the bristles were far too soft, it just mushed into my hair without getting through to my scalp. Resigned it to a dog grooming brush and bought a better one!
    that’s what i’m missing with my wooden hair brush! I was doing some research on the material and apparently it’s tough (some comments say too tough) so i hope that is a good thing. I feel like it’d be easier to soften a tough brush than toughen a soft brush... right? haha!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    that’s what i’m missing with my wooden hair brush! I was doing some research on the material and apparently it’s tough (some comments say too tough) so i hope that is a good thing. I feel like it’d be easier to soften a tough brush than toughen a soft brush... right? haha!
    The description of the brush you linked says soft bristles, just in case you'd not realised

I think someone mentioned sisal a while ago, but not sure if they ever found out if it was stiff enough or if it worked.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    The description of the brush you linked says soft bristles, just in case you'd not realised

I think someone mentioned sisal a while ago, but not sure if they ever found out if it was stiff enough or if it worked.
    Ah thank you for that spot! I’ve ordered a similar one off etsy as i managed to speak to the maker and they said it was as stiff as their BBB they sell

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I actually spotted a BBB-like brush with cactus bristles in the local supermarket! It is marketed as a vegan-friendly BBB alternative.
    I'll probably give it a shot in the next few weeks, unless I manage to curb my buying impulse...
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    I actually spotted a BBB-like brush with cactus bristles in the local supermarket! It is marketed as a vegan-friendly BBB alternative.
    I'll probably give it a shot in the next few weeks, unless I manage to curb my buying impulse...
    Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! I'd love to know how it works

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    I hate BBBs, but I want a cactus brush!!!! lol
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I hate BBBs, but I want a cactus brush!!!! lol
    I use this and I looove it

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! I'd love to know how it works
    Well I ended up buying it!
    Here is what it looks like: https://www.lafabriquegreen.fr/wp-co...-de-cactus.png

The bristles seem quite stiff. I tried it today, on not-that-dirty hair (I wash every Sunday) with coconut oil in it.
    I like the feeling of the brush on my scalp. I did a good job of absorbing/working the oil into my hair.
    However I'm not sure how I feel about brushing my split-happy hair with rough bristles. I don't know if it's specific to that brush or if most BBBs are stiff like that, too.
    I think I'll use it on my hair a few more times, but it might end up getting demoted to a scalp/body-only brush.
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken