Thread: How to add hibiscus powder to frozen Raj henna leftovers?

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Default How to add hibiscus powder to frozen Raj henna leftovers?

I want to use hibiscus powder as a color enhancer and to fill up my remaining henna paste I've stored in the freezer for a couple of months, but I have a few questions about the preparation:

* Will freezer-stored Raj henna leftovers release enough dye for high-porosity hair? I use henna mainly for strengthening purposes and I have dark brown hair, so I wouldn't mind if it has a more henna gloss effect than dyeing. The henna paste consists BAQ powder with just water.
    * Can I add hibiscus paste immediately to the thawed henna, or does hibiscus have its own dye-release time?

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: How to add hibiscus powder to frozen Raj henna leftovers?

I don't have any experience with hibiscus (except eating it ( ; ), so no advice from me there. But I do use henna about the same way that you do--on already dark hair, for the conditioning. I've used frozen leftover henna many times with no problems at all.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I don’t know for sure if hibiscus needs time for dye release, but I don’t think so, because hibiscus tea instantly turns red when you add boiling water. There are my thoughts! Maybe someone else knows more.

Length
    Buzz/Ear/???
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

You can add the hibiscus paste right into your henna mixture. I used to mix hibiscus powder into thawed henna along with some warm water & apply right away & found it worked quite well.