Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your hair real

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Is your hair real

Yes, a few times. Thankfully no one (no adult anyway) has tried to touch it.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

The response I more frequently get is "Do you do your hairstyles yourself?" And that's odd to me, too, since I have 1% of the hairstyling abilities of many people on this forum ; ) I do have my hair covered at least partially by a headscarf when I'm in public, so that probably discourages people from noticing unless I've done something "fancy" to my hair.

I don't understand the impulse to pull on hair "to see if it's real," though--unless it's like a schoolyard bully, dip-her-pigtails-in-the-inkwell type of teasing. Most of the people I know who wear wigs regularly get sew-ins or glue-downs. If someone pulled on their wigs, the hair wouldn't come off either, at least not without without ripping the scalp! Hence the term "weave snatch," lol.

Length
    24+/rump/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I've been told my hair is unreal, but never asked if it's real nor had it yanked on (unless its webbiness has floated elsewhere to get friendly with a nearby person). I also get told people would pay good money to get hair like mine, so I guess the silvers, white stripes and multi-hues from root to tip that go with the length are evidence enough of reality. Or it's my resting bitch face that deters them.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    I've been told my hair is unreal, but never asked if it's real nor had it yanked on (unless its webbiness has floated elsewhere to get friendly with a nearby person). I also get told people would pay good money to get hair like mine, so I guess the silvers, white stripes and multi-hues from root to tip that go with the length are evidence enough of reality. Or it's my resting bitch face that deters them.
    Your hair IS unreal is the coolest magical way!

58in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Definitely not about length, but I'm constantly asked if the curls and color are real. (To the point where it annoys my 15 year old to no end who has my dream hair-gorgeous, blond silky almost waist length-she's not a fan of curls....) Nobody has touched it, though.

Length
    18.5"/22/waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Haven't had anyone ask me that, but I have had people be surprised when they find out it's real and say, I thought you had extensions!

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I don't think anyone has asked me if my hair is real. When younger, people did ask me more if I was a natural redhead (I am). I do sometimes ask people the same thing, and I hope I'm not being annoying. It's just neat to meet a fellow redhead, we're pretty rare where I live.

But... if someone ever yanks my hair and asks if it's real, I hope I have the presence of mind to say "yes, and it's long enough to strangle you with".
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    22/30.50/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

The only time anyone has yanked my hair was a bully in the second year of high school, after we had a minor confrontation whilst waiting outside the classroom. After the lesson had started and the teacher had been called outside for a minute, the bully came up behind me and yanked my ponytail, causing my head to violently be thrown back. To this day, I still recall the pins and needles I felt, which redid the whiplash injury from a car accident a couple years before. Took years to recover, as it gave me headaches, etc.

As an adult, I’ve had people I know touch my hair when I’ve had spiral perms, which I don’t mind and I do like my partner touching my hair, but would object if a stranger did it without asking. What I don’t like it when people ask you who styled your hair. It makes me feel they don’t think I’m capable, but it could be due to my anxiety and I don’t think it’s done menacingly.

At the end of the day, anyone that puts their hands on you without consent is totally out of order!
    Last edited by Jools69; January 12th, 2021 at 09:01 AM.

Nope, I’ve never had people ask me that, but then I always wear my hair in a bun when I’m at school, so they often don’t realise how long it is. I do get comments of surprise at how long it is on those odd occasions that I do show my length, but I guess it’s so frizzy and greying that they figure it must be real. The only questions I get these days is how do I do my hair with just a paintbrush (or whatever is holding it).

Fortunately no one (apart from family) ever tries to touch my hair...I can’t even cope with hairdressers doing my hair (I’ve had to psych myself up like going to the dentist the few times I have had a hairdresser do my hair). Even as a young kid I never got the “let my friends groom my hair” thing...but then I was probably an odd kid
    Letting my hair do whatever it wants to do!

Length
    Waist/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    Nope, I’ve never had people ask me that, but then I always wear my hair in a bun when I’m at school, so they often don’t realise how long it is. I do get comments of surprise at how long it is on those odd occasions that I do show my length, but I guess it’s so frizzy and greying that they figure it must be real. The only questions I get these days is how do I do my hair with just a paintbrush (or whatever is holding it).

Fortunately no one (apart from family) ever tries to touch my hair...I can’t even cope with hairdressers doing my hair (I’ve had to psych myself up like going to the dentist the few times I have had a hairdresser do my hair). Even as a young kid I never got the “let my friends groom my hair” thing...but then I was probably an odd kid
    You're not the only one. I don't enjoy having people touch or play with my hair. Even when I was young. I had classic length hair growing up (it was almost fingertip when I cut it to waist when I was 9-10). I had a friend who always wanted to brush it and play with it and it annoyed me to no end. All I wanted was for my mom to braid it every day so it was out if the way and I didn't want it touched again.
    Stuck in the hip to tailbone abyss. Goal is to grow my hair to Classic, then trim out most of my deep u hemline for a blunt hem. And maintain around tbl.