Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't post photos

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Question I can't post photos

okay I promise I've done my research and I don't think I'm being daft but I can't post photos?

I should have the users permissions and I am using both imgur and imgbb but they are not uploading. My post just appears with no photos.

Any advice?
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: I can't post photos

Could you share a link to a photo from one of the sites? It's easier to help you that way

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

If you upload a picture to imgur. Click on that uploaded picture. To the right there will be a list of "codes", copy & paste the BBcode into a message and that should do it (do not use the IMG tags here in the message, just copy/paste the code straight away).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Imgur is a popular hosting site with many users; I use postimages.org out of old habit. It gives you multiple sizes of hotlink to copy after you upload a photo. I simply select "hotlink for forums" (a mid-size image, in other words) and paste the code into the text box on LHC.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Imgur is a popular hosting site with many users; I use postimages.org out of old habit. It gives you multiple sizes of hotlink to copy after you upload a photo. I simply select "hotlink for forums" (a mid-size image, in other words) and paste the code into the text box on LHC.
    Please don't suggest hotlinking! Thanks

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Could you share a link to a photo from one of the sites? It's easier to help you that way
    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If you upload a picture to imgur. Click on that uploaded picture. To the right there will be a list of "codes", copy & paste the BBcode into a message and that should do it (do not use the IMG tags here in the message, just copy/paste the code straight away).
    Lets test this out

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

it worked! thank you all so much <3

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oh awesome!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GordonMurphella View Post
    Please don't suggest hotlinking! Thanks
    Oh, I think there is some confusion here. I certainly do not intend to advocate for hotlinking from just any source. Postimage is an image hosting service which--like many such sites--specifically permits embedding/hotlinking in its terms of service.

Since LHC doesn't allow people to host pictures on the site except in an album, there is no way for users who don't yet have album permissions to post photos except by embedding an image hosted somewhere else. The point is to use an image-hosting site that permits it. See Flaxen's old thread on this topic: "When you insert a picture-link with the [IMG] tags into a post, it causes traffic for the site it is hosted at. This uses their bandwith every single time the forum-page containing the image is loaded/viewed by someone. Which can cause costs for the hosting-site and is illegal. Exceptions are image-hosting sites which offer space and bandwidth to upload images as a service. Like flickr, photobucket or ImageShack just to name a few."

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    it worked! thank you all so much <3
    Wonderful : D

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Oh, I think there is some confusion here. I certainly do not intend to advocate for hotlinking from just any source. Postimage is an image hosting service which--like many such sites--specifically permits embedding/hotlinking in its terms of service.

Since LHC doesn't allow people to host pictures on the site except in an album, there is no way for users who don't yet have album permissions to post photos except by embedding an image hosted somewhere else. The point is to use an image-hosting site that permits it. See Flaxen's old thread on this topic: "When you insert a picture-link with the [IMG] tags into a post, it causes traffic for the site it is hosted at. This uses their bandwith every single time the forum-page containing the image is loaded/viewed by someone. Which can cause costs for the hosting-site and is illegal. Exceptions are image-hosting sites which offer space and bandwidth to upload images as a service. Like flickr, photobucket or ImageShack just to name a few."
    If you own the picture, I see no issue really, maybe the term "hotlinking" is confusing? Not sure that's what you meant.