Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchases you hope to make this year?

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Purchases you hope to make this year?

Quote Originally Posted by aloewurly View Post
    I just googled those up (I don't have picture privileges since I'm a newbie : ) and they're so pretty! Good luck, I hope you're able to get one I heard hair toys can get pricey
    Yeah, some are pricey but Jeters are relatively affordable. Unfortunately the shop has been closed, so my hope is that it reopens or I can catch a beauty second-hand. Or a four-prong fork from another maker.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Yeah, some are pricey but Jeters are relatively affordable. Unfortunately the shop has been closed, so my hope is that it reopens or I can catch a beauty second-hand. Or a four-prong fork from another maker.
    Definitely good luck with finding yout dream fork then! I guess "you get what you pay for" applies for hair toys too

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but I haven't found one like it. For products you do NOT have, but hope to buy/try during 2021! It can be hair toys, brushes, any kind of accessories, or hair products. The only "rule" is that you mustn't own it already
    I may get a nice big claw clip, since my hair is now long enough for peacock twists.

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    I may get a nice big claw clip, since my hair is now long enough for peacock twists.
    It's so exciting when you finally reach the length for a specific hairstyle! I'm now the proud owner of hair worthy of a ponytail

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I want a shower filter and a satin lined beanie for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariekeeee14 View Post
    I want a shower filter and a satin lined beanie for sure.
    A shower filter sounds like it'd make all the difference... I'm doubting whether to invest in one because my area's water is fairly soft, but it could be better

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Definitely good luck with finding yout dream fork then! I guess "you get what you pay for" applies for hair toys too
    I do highly recommend Jeters (I specifically have a 4 prong fork). Although they really aren't that expensive compared to others, they're just harder to find.

aloewurly I recommend checking the Swap board if you're looking for some hair toys! When I first got into hair toys a bit over a year ago, that was the best advice I got. And don't get scared away by expensive prices - there are some for less also. And if you can strategize and buy essential pieces, then you don't need to have many. (Apologies if you know this already. )

Ooh here, I was able to dig up the thread where the ladies here gave great advice when I was just getting into them.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=150263
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post
    aloewurly I recommend checking the Swap board if you're looking for some hair toys! When I first got into hair toys a bit over a year ago, that was the best advice I got. And don't get scared away by expensive prices - there are some for less also. And if you can strategize and buy essential pieces, then you don't need to have many. (Apologies if you know this already. )

Ooh here, I was able to dig up the thread where the ladies here gave great advice when I was just getting into them.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=150263
    Thank you very much for the advice! I would love some but unfortunately I'm living in south america, and shipping/importing taxes make international shopping/swapping prohibitively expensive. I do have some luck finding locally made hair toys, specially in artisan's fairs. Years ago I bought beautiful wooden hair sticks that I'm still weeping over losing!

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

aloewurly oh, that is hard! How much is it to import a package like that? I hope you can still find (or make) some good ones.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    Pixie/APL+/???
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

It's so exciting when you finally reach the length for a specific hairstyle! I'm now the proud owner of hair worthy of a ponytail
    Woohoo, I'm at ponytail length too! It felt like a major milestone for me.