Thread: Forum Font

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Forum Font

Did the font on the forum change? I swear it looks different between yesterday and today, but unless one of you more technical mods updated something, I'm not sure why that would be the case! Is it somehow only on my system, and only for this site?

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Forum Font

I don't notice a difference, except... could it be sliiightly smaller? Same font, but just a teeny tiny bit smaller? If not, beats me (and it must be my glasses LOL).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I haven’t touched anything! And fortunately cats have not yet learned to log in. The font looks the same to me. . .

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Maybe your browser is on 120% or zoomed in. Sometimes that happens to me.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

A couple of days ago I noticed the same thing! It looked slightly smaller. I don't know if it went back to normal after that or if I just got used to it.
    I'm almost always on the desktop version on my phone so I always zoom in a bunch anyway.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Maybe your browser is on 120% or zoomed in. Sometimes that happens to me.
    Already tried that! I have a bad habit of overrunning any amount of RAM, and once it hits that point, it doesn't always realize quickly enough that I've stopped scrolling to switch tabs, and I wind up with all kinds of crazy sizes. But nope, that's not the culprit this time. It definitely seems smaller, but bumping it up doesn't help -- just makes it look even more like it's also a different font altogether. Very strange.

You sure about those cats, neko? They're tricksy sneaky critters, and they don't sleep the same hours as us lowly servant-humans...

I'll try restarting the browser again. Or maybe rebooting entirely. The touchpad buttons have been acting up for most of the day too... It's just odd that it seems to be only one site, on only one browser, that is affected.

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Restarted the browser, no change, rebooted, no change, updated and rebooted again, no change, accidentally scrolled rather than going back a page, noticed something:

The font in my signature looks the same as ever. The font in posts (reading and writing them) and scattered other parts of the site looks different. Sure enough, the suggested font families are ordered differently for each element. Not sure why that would be a thing, nor why it would have changed (and/or my system suddenly react to them differently), but... Maybe it'll make someone else think of something else that might explain it? Yay for cryptic thoughts!

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

It's doing it again!
    (I feel like Candace. MO-OM! Phineas and Ferb are messing with the LHC font again!)
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I noticed a month or so ago that something separate was saying a handful of fonts had been uninstalled, thought it was odd, but figured it was just part of a standard update. Saw no actual changes. Looked into it more this morning, and it seems like that probably is the culprit here, but why it took so long to suddenly show up, I really have no idea. I have not bothered reinstalling them yet to test the theory. Too far down the list of tasks today. Doesn't offer a very good reason for why it would be coming and going for Amaryllis, though!