Default Re: I'm new and I want tips!

So pretty!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Julietta3 View Post
    Hi! It's so nice to find a place made for people we common interests who can share and help each other.

I'm 21 years old and I've loved long hair my whole life. But, it's have never been really long. For years and years I've been stuck at the same length. If I could my hair any shorter, it would be back to the same length really easy, then "stop" there. (Less than Shoulder Length).

During the quarantine, I started to read more about hair and how to really care for it since my whole life the only things that I've been doing to my hair is washing it weekly with an average shampoo and conditioner, and using heat.

But after re-educating about hair care I found out that there was a lot more to it. I started noticing that "hair oils" existed, Deep conditioners, and many others products. Also the homemade culture.

So, since there I've been taking care of my hair and I'm at Collarbone Length. I can't believe what I have achieved. But I stared being consistent with a regimen in October 2020, so this is it:

○ I wash my hair every Sunday.
    ○ I pro-poo my hair before washing it with Aloe vera and onion juice.
    ○ I do a Fermented Rice Water three times a month. (With peppermint essential oil and grapefruit peel)
    ○ I do a egg and olive oil treatment one a month.
    ○ I use a commercial musterazing hair mask everytime I do a protein treatment or every time I wash my hair. (My hair is so dry)
    ○ I use jojoba oil as a leave in conditioner. Also, I do the L.O.C method.
    ○ I do the inversion hair method 1 week every month.
    ○ I massage my scalp daily.
    ○ Recently, I bought a Moisturizing Hair Cream water based and plan to use it three or four times a day between washes.

And I have bought many oils haha (I think I'm going crazy)
    • Castor Oil.
    • Peppermint essential oil. (My fav until now).
    • Jojoba oil.
    • Extra virgin olive oil.
    • Rosemary essential oil.
    • Argan oil.
    • Grape seed oil.
    • Covonut oil.
    (I THINK I SHOULD STOP)

So, I just wanted to share with you my excitement and also ask for help. You can recommend something or tell me to quit something I'm doing. I just want to see how far my hair can go!

I hope you are having an amazing day!
    Thanks for reading.
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

Your regimen seems fine to me. I really like it! To spice things up a bit I would start investing in some hair drugstore hair masks. Like, Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Mask, Garnier Fructis Hydrating Hair Mask with Aloe Extracts, and the Garnier Fructis Papaya Hair Mask. I love all of these hair masks accept the Garnier Fructis Papaya Hair Mask. Because, til' this day I have not tried it yet but there have been a lot of excellent reviews on it here at LHC! But I use these hair masks three times a week. Or, every time I wash my hair. Which is three times a week. I also do hot oil treatments with Alberto VO5 in Shower Hot Oil Treatment once a week. I sometimes melt any type of oil in the microwave once every 2 weeks. I am also trying to grow my hair as long as it can too!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

Welcome to the community!

Length
    Chin/36.5"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Enjoy your hair, you've got some fun products, and welcome to the community!!
    <- Me, bellydancing in HAIR ~

Length
    Pixie/25/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Julietta3 View Post
    Hi! It's so nice to find a place made for people we common interests who can share and help each other.

I'm 21 years old and I've loved long hair my whole life. But, it's have never been really long. For years and years I've been stuck at the same length. If I could my hair any shorter, it would be back to the same length really easy, then "stop" there. (Less than Shoulder Length).

During the quarantine, I started to read more about hair and how to really care for it since my whole life the only things that I've been doing to my hair is washing it weekly with an average shampoo and conditioner, and using heat.

But after re-educating about hair care I found out that there was a lot more to it. I started noticing that "hair oils" existed, Deep conditioners, and many others products. Also the homemade culture.

So, since there I've been taking care of my hair and I'm at Collarbone Length. I can't believe what I have achieved. But I stared being consistent with a regimen in October 2020, so this is it:

○ I wash my hair every Sunday.
    ○ I pro-poo my hair before washing it with Aloe vera and onion juice.
    ○ I do a Fermented Rice Water three times a month. (With peppermint essential oil and grapefruit peel)
    ○ I do a egg and olive oil treatment one a month.
    ○ I use a commercial musterazing hair mask everytime I do a protein treatment or every time I wash my hair. (My hair is so dry)
    ○ I use jojoba oil as a leave in conditioner. Also, I do the L.O.C method.
    ○ I do the inversion hair method 1 week every month.
    ○ I massage my scalp daily.
    ○ Recently, I bought a Moisturizing Hair Cream water based and plan to use it three or four times a day between washes.

And I have bought many oils haha (I think I'm going crazy)
    • Castor Oil.
    • Peppermint essential oil. (My fav until now).
    • Jojoba oil.
    • Extra virgin olive oil.
    • Rosemary essential oil.
    • Argan oil.
    • Grape seed oil.
    • Covonut oil.
    (I THINK I SHOULD STOP)

So, I just wanted to share with you my excitement and also ask for help. You can recommend something or tell me to quit something I'm doing. I just want to see how far my hair can go!

I hope you are having an amazing day!
    Thanks for reading.

Welcome! Your post gave me some ideas for stuff to try as a fellow newbie

Length
    Buzz/SH/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Welcome and good luck on your journey! It sounds like you're doing great