Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recording time between milestones Project

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Recording time between milestones Project

Just an idea for a topic at midnight lol

This is where you can record how long it takes reach each milestone, gives newbie members a general idea at how long each milestone takes

I'm recording currently how long it takes To go from chin to shoulder, so far I'm on day 14 I expect it will take me 3-6 months but we will see!

Basically what you do is get a timer on your phone (I use the app called countdown time)

And you set it for the date the Milestone starts and let it run until you call the next milestone and you can post your screenshot from the app (whatever one it is) here

Here is an example

Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Living The Split Dye Life

Default Re: Recording time between milestones Project

I have been tracking when I call my milestones both curly and stretched, not to the second but I've written down the month I called it so I can get an approximation of how long it took for me. I think it's a great idea for a post, I've seen a lot of "How long it took for you to go from x milestone to y?" and this could be and umbrella post for all those kinds of threads.

So far I'm APL+ and I have a "groth chart" made in excel that also works to show me when I should be reaching certain milestones. So far my timeframes between milestones have been:

Stretched:
    Buzzcut to NL - 9 months
    NL to SL - 5 months
    SL to APL - 11 months

Curly:
    Buzzcut to NL - 12 months
    NL to SL - 10 months

And my expected times for some other milestones if I keep the same growth pattern:

APL to BSL - 9 months
    BSL to WL - 7 months
    WL to HL - 12 months
    HL to TBL - 10 months
    TBL to CL -10 months

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

So far I’ve got chin to shoulder numbers - just under 5 months. July 22 for chin, December 12 for shoulder.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've kept a growth chart over the years. At some point I went back and added the measurements for body markers. Not quite as accurate as a stop watch!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

A long time ago, someone created an excel spreadsheet for automatically tracking growth rate and when you can expect to reach future goals based upon your details to date. I use this to track my progress to milestones.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrel View Post
    A long time ago, someone created an excel spreadsheet for automatically tracking growth rate and when you can expect to reach future goals based upon your details to date. I use this to track my progress to milestones.
    Oooh that's pretty cool I need that too

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    I have been tracking when I call my milestones both curly and stretched, not to the second but I've written down the month I called it so I can get an approximation of how long it took for me. I think it's a great idea for a post, I've seen a lot of "How long it took for you to go from x milestone to y?" and this could be and umbrella post for all those kinds of threads.

So far I'm APL+ and I have a "groth chart" made in excel that also works to show me when I should be reaching certain milestones. So far my timeframes between milestones have been:

Stretched:
    Buzzcut to NL - 9 months
    NL to SL - 5 months
    SL to APL - 11 months

Curly:
    Buzzcut to NL - 12 months
    NL to SL - 10 months

And my expected times for some other milestones if I keep the same growth pattern:

APL to BSL - 9 months
    BSL to WL - 7 months
    WL to HL - 12 months
    HL to TBL - 10 months
    TBL to CL -10 months
    Woohoo! Doesn't seem long between milestones when you put it like that, I think I might reach shoulder by may? I hope I'm shoulder by July the latest

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    So far I’ve got chin to shoulder numbers - just under 5 months. July 22 for chin, December 12 for shoulder.
    I wanted to record a while ago but I kept getting trims so I was going backwards z

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    I've kept a growth chart over the years. At some point I went back and added the measurements for body markers. Not quite as accurate as a stop watch!
    I must admit I'm addicted to stop watching, maybe it's a bad idea to be that focused on time xD

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Oh, I knew I got the inspiration for the growth chart from someone's blog here but I couldn't remember who. It was you! You were one of my first inspirations here and maybe or maybe not I did stalk your blog quite a bit. 😅 I almost never comment on blogs but I love reading them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Woohoo! Doesn't seem long between milestones when you put it like that, I think I might reach shoulder by may? I hope I'm shoulder by July the latest
    Absolutely! I think the hardest awkward length is when you can really put it up but it doesn't exactly look good down either. I think the stage that FELT the longest was actually the shortest for me (NL to SL) and for some reason the longest so far didn't feel that long?

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    Oh, I knew I got the inspiration for the growth chart from someone's blog here but I couldn't remember who. It was you! You were one of my first inspirations here and maybe or maybe not I did stalk your blog quite a bit. 😅 I almost never comment on blogs but I love reading them!

Absolutely! I think the hardest awkward length is when you can really put it up but it doesn't exactly look good down either. I think the stage that FELT the longest was actually the shortest for me (NL to SL) and for some reason the longest so far didn't feel that long?
    Maybe over time LHCitis hit that's why it possibly feels too short now.?

My LHCitis had a reality check so my 'final goal' at this stage is APL+ it will change over time, aim for the milestones I feel appealing. APL,Hip, Classic,Mid Thigh,Knee, Ankle

I can't wait til my side shave is shoulder so I can put all my hair up in a ponytail,but that's a year away

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Nice idea for a thread! Here are some of my numbers (with small trims)

Waist-Hip: 13 months
    Hip-TBL: 8 months
    TBL-Classic: 8 months
    Classic-FTL: 13 months
    FTL-Knee: 18 months
    Knee-Upper Calf: 16 months
    Last edited by lapis_lazuli; January 3rd, 2021 at 09:41 PM.

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

The timer is a cool idea but I know I would just forget about it and let it run indefinitely I hope it works for you. Maybe it’ll be motivating on days you are tempted to trim or something?

I really only have one major milestone under my belt so far, but between the time I called chin length and the time I called shoulder was approximately 5 months.