Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from a newbie!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Hello from a newbie!

Hi! My hair is currently a couple inches past my collarbone, very fine, and naturally blonde with yellow tones. I'm new to this whole forum thing in general, so I don't currently know how to post pictures. (I might've measured the length of my hair incorrectly when I signed up, so I apologize for that.) I've been growing my hair out since I got it cut to shoulder length. Prior to that, my hair was damaged from anemia, which I've recovered from with a high protein/iron diet. I don't currently have a hair length goal, so I suppose my main goal right now is to improve my hair's health and see how long it grows without cutting. I was really excited when I found this forum because I've never grown my hair past BSL and this supportive community makes that seem less daunting.

As far as hair-care goes, I'm almost 18 years old so my hair is still oily enough to warrant frequent washing but I try my best to stretch washes when I can. I don't use heat products or dyes, unless you count the occasional purple shampoo, and I let my hair dry on its own while wrapped in a clean t-shirt. I do bi-weekly oil treatments with castor oil, since I found that coconut oil doesn't work well with my hair. I sleep on a satin pillowcase to reduce breakage and I often wear my hair in a simple braid. The only question I can think of right now is about deep conditioning. I saw a blog on here that recommended the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner, which is within my price range. I saw they had multiple products. I believe one had avocado, one had some kind of oil, that kind of thing. Does anyone know which of those would be best for fine hair, or alternatively, if all of them have the same effect?

Thank you! This is such a lovely page!

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hello from a newbie!

Welcome to LHC!
    You can post pics by uploading them to an image hosting site like imgur and copy pasting the BBcode in the reply box here. Or, once you have enough posts you can post photos to an album on your profile and link those

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

https://imgur.com/a/bibvojI

Hopefully this link works. If it does, it should show a picture of my hair as of today.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you! Aussie is my regular conditioner. The standard 3MM formula is the one with the picture of an avocado on front; it says "with avocado and jojoba oil" about halfway down the bottle. That is typically the only kind that is available at my drugstore, though occasionally they will stock the "curly" and "wavy" formulas. The standard one is already a pretty heavy conditioner and would be the best choice for fine hair, at least out of the ones that I have used.

Thanks for the picture. Your hair looks lovely!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Thank you so much, I'll try it out next time I'm at the drugstore!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! Beautiful hair!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hello and welcome!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    28 in/38 in/3
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hello! I'm new too! Looking forward to learning much and making progress!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!