Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you go out with treatment in your head?...

Default Can you go out with treatment in your head?...

Sometimes when you have your hair dye or treatment in your hair, you see that you must go somewhere but you don't want to rinse the treatment away yet.. do you have any stylish solutions to this kind of situations?.. 😁

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Can you go out with treatment in your head?...

I would not go out with dye, because that at max. needs to sit 20-40 minutes, depending on the dye, and you'd have to be fast about it.

But conditioner? Plastic baggie + scarf. And you're set to go.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've went out with henna before. Wrap head in plastic, cover with beanie.
    I wouldn't go out with dye either. Not only because of timing but I wouldn't want to expose the public to chemicals that could make someone sick.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I agree with the two above. I would never go out with dye. That only requires 30 or 40 minutes depending on what kind of dye it is. But treatments like hot oil treatments, deep conditioners, a plastic bag or cap you are good to go.

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I once read a horror story how someone went out in the cold with coconut oil in their hair, it solidified and it was a nightmare to wash it out. Other than that, I don't see a problem (except leaving the dye for too long as mentioned by others ).

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    I once read a horror story how someone went out in the cold with coconut oil in their hair, it solidified and it was a nightmare to wash it out. Other than that, I don't see a problem (except leaving the dye for too long as mentioned by others ).
    I don't understand how this can happen unless their hair was literally dripping with oil. I routinely use coconut oil or a coconut oil blend and I've never had this issue. I use it in winter and in my apartment, it's usually in a solid state when I use it. This honestly sounds like an urban myth to me.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yeah, the reason I mentioned the dye as problematic, possibly, is when you say go to get a couple quick groceries, and there's an unexpected queue at the register, some unforseen technical issue, things like that, and then there you are with a head full of dye that should have been washed out already. Anything that needs to process, chemically, no... just don't!

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    I believe it. Coconut oil is terrible to use for winter dryness on my hair, it gets crunchy especially when my hair is in the cold, might be different for someone else but I can't see how. Maybe the type of coconut oil? I use viva naturals. I prefer to use it on my scalp instead
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 4th, 2021 at 06:24 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I believe it. Coconut oil is terrible to use for winter dryness on my hair, it gets crunchy especially when my hair is in the cold, might be different for someone else but I can't see how. Maybe the type of coconut oil? I use viva naturals. I prefer to use it on my scalp instead
    You can always get fractionated coconut oil. It undergoes a special treatment which makes it always a liquid, even in cold temperatures and which makes it behave like any other oil out there. It's great, if your hair can take it (mine didn't, even in liquid form my hair went brittle and dry).

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    You can always get fractionated coconut oil. It undergoes a special treatment which makes it always a liquid, even in cold temperatures and which makes it behave like any other oil out there. It's great, if your hair can take it (mine didn't, even in liquid form my hair went brittle and dry).
    I've seen the liquid forms, wondered if it would make a difference in the brittle feeling I would get from regular solidified coconut oil but if it hasn't worked for you then I won't try it. I love coconut oil but only for my skin and as a carrier oil for my scalp I find it works well