Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 218

Thread: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

  1. #1
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,482
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    I keep track, well a lot of us do, of how much goes out in the project-use-it-ups. But I thought, why not sort of monitor what comes in too? If you guys are game?

    I am going to start to keep an active list here.

    Please post & repeat your list, same as in the project-use-it-up thread, every time you add another product to it, so that you get a running total and a finalization of all the things you brought into your stash for the year, throughout the year.

    Is anyone courageous enough to do it?

    Yes!!!

    Let's go and do this!!!


    Please only list things you bought in 2021!
    Nothing you buy now goes into this project!
    Last edited by lapushka; December 27th, 2020 at 04:47 AM.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  2. #2
    Member Bri-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,696
    Length
    BSL/BCL/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    Oooo I'll do it too! However it will not be that funny since I'm now ok with all my products for at least 2 months I guess... We'll see what happens.

  3. #3
    Member pisinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Chandrila
    Age
    23
    Posts
    624
    Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    Ha! I definitely need this XD

  4. #4
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,482
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    I think I always say I bring less in than goes out, but the proof is in the pudding (I am starting to think it evens out). I just (before year's end) bought some new shampoos. They don't count, it's not like I knew then already that I was gonna do this. But we'll see. We'll see what all I get tempted by.

    So hey, I'm definitely in!

    Thanks you guys, for the support!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  5. #5
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,482
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    Oh I just now thought of this and I'm gonna write a different post, because it might get "lost" in the edit.

    Would you guys like this project for hairstuff only or skincare and make-up too? We can sort of do this:

    Haircare
    list stuff
    list stuff
    list stuff

    Skincare
    list more
    list more
    list more

    Make-up
    even more
    even more
    and more

    The title is vague enough, I don't even need to have that changed or so!

    And this is a calendar year project, 2021, with the goal of bringing in as *less* as possible. So it's a challenge in that sense!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  6. #6
    Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,581
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    Accountability, woohoo - yes I'm in!

    Edit: to clarify my next paragraph, yes I think it would be cool to open it out to makeup and skincare if people feel they would like to make use of those categories as well.

    I'm hoping I won't need to extend it to skincare because my problems with that stash are due to having to search for something my skin would tolerate (and then the one thing I found has now been discontinued ) but I guess we'll see. On the main 'use up your stash' thread it has been handy to post skincare there, moisturisers especially.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

  7. #7
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,482
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Accountability, woohoo - yes I'm in!

    Edit: to clarify my next paragraph, yes I think it would be cool to open it out to makeup and skincare if people feel they would like to make use of those categories as well.

    I'm hoping I won't need to extend it to skincare because my problems with that stash are due to having to search for something my skin would tolerate (and then the one thing I found has now been discontinued ) but I guess we'll see. On the main 'use up your stash' thread it has been handy to post skincare there, moisturisers especially.
    I feel you on searching for something that ultimately works! Could you post your worries and needs in the 2021 skincare thread (I think jane_marie started that one? I would love to help out in the search, but doing it here would go majorly OT, I fear.

    I think it would be nice to open it up, generally.

    Whatever you feel you guys might add, add it in! But post it category per category, just like I did previously with that mock-list. That's the OCD in me, I guess.

    Oooh boy. Hahaha!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  8. #8
    Member FaeBroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    On a sandbar
    Age
    25
    Posts
    281
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    I think this is a good idea for newbies like me to build their stash, but in a mindful way, by buying only a few things you'll actually use, eventually recognizing a pattern of what works instead of just buying random things that smell good (aka my previous method). Can I begin my list with items I bought recently but won't receive and start using until 2021, or would that be cheating?

    I like the skincare and makeup idea too, though most of my makeup will likely be tossed this year as I really haven't bought new makeup since like... 2018 and it has more than likely gone bad

  9. #9
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    59,482
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    I think this is a good idea for newbies like me to build their stash, but in a mindful way, by buying only a few things you'll actually use, eventually recognizing a pattern of what works instead of just buying random things that smell good (aka my previous method). Can I begin my list with items I bought recently but won't receive and start using until 2021, or would that be cheating?

    I like the skincare and makeup idea too, though most of my makeup will likely be tossed this year as I really haven't bought new makeup since like... 2018 and it has more than likely gone bad
    Only what you actually buy in 2021, please! So start January. I think I said it in the first post. Not what you buy now and start using in 2021 (of course that's the idea); it just gets too confusing that way!

    I recently bought some shampoo, and I can't list it either.

    So no lists until January, please! (and no listing what you bought in 2020!)
    Last edited by lapushka; December 28th, 2020 at 07:05 AM. Reason: clarification
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  10. #10
    Member FaeBroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    On a sandbar
    Age
    25
    Posts
    281
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

    Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Only what you actually buy in 2021, please! So start January. I think I said it in the first post. Not what you buy now and start using in 2021 (of course that's the idea); it just gets too confusing that way!

    I recently bought some shampoo, and I can't list it either.

    So no lists until January, please! (and no listing what you bought in 2020!)
    Whoop, my scatterbrain skipped right over the bolded part in the first post, but sounds good! I will have to be patient then! I make a little experimental stock-up this month so I will keep my own list and post here to see what I re-buy (:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •