Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Adding to our stash; project for 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    So far I bought 1 item, a shampoo (Pantene anti-dandruff for €2.74). Looks like now Lidl has permanently reduced their prices to this! Awesome, so there's no rush!

For me it is the idea that I go slow as well. I am on a low buy. If I buy 1 product a month, that's 12 products. If I can sort of stick to that, that's not bad, for me. I used up 55 products last year, so about one a week. I have to get this heaping load of products down somehow. If I can make a slight dent in it, that would make me happy. But, mind you, I have been doing this since 2018.

Seems like everyone else is seeing how much they can gather.
    OMG So so funny!
    I have also been tracking my used items since the latter half of 2018, but I was also adding to my stash for a while after that. Luckily, it now seems that I've gotten over my product addiction, and I'm seeing clearly exactly how long my stash will last me. Or rather, I see clearly that it will last me long enough...

It gives me a good reason to keep my bleach-damaged lengths. I need something to use all that stuff on.

Ideally, I'd like to have a reasonable (1-2 years) stash of HG products, and it's only now becoming clearer what those products will be for my virgin hair.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post

and it's only now becoming clearer what those products will be for my virgin hair.
    This is my aim too. Unfortunately what I thought was my true HG conditioner, I've become sensitive to (and I think actually causes some buildup, maybe the sensitivity is an inbuilt mechanism to prevent that ) and as for shampoo ... well, each time I think I've found it and then my scalp rebels, so I am hoping the current one is it - no hot ears, no itching, and hopefully semi-regular clarifying my scalp with FemFresh will make it sustainable. I hope!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have also been tracking my used items since the latter half of 2018, but I was also adding to my stash for a while after that. Luckily, it now seems that I've gotten over my product addiction, and I'm seeing clearly exactly how long my stash will last me. Or rather, I see clearly that it will last me long enough...

It gives me a good reason to keep my bleach-damaged lengths. I need something to use all that stuff on.

Ideally, I'd like to have a reasonable (1-2 years) stash of HG products, and it's only now becoming clearer what those products will be for my virgin hair.
    Yes there is one good thing about this "try it all" "gather it all" craze. You *really* discover what those favorites are!

Man, I love to have someone alongside with me doing this like it was intended (well, everyone does what they want, for sure, really, don't mind me). Awesome Ylva, I have a use-up-keep-down-stash buddy.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    This is my aim too. Unfortunately what I thought was my true HG conditioner, I've become sensitive to (and I think actually causes some buildup, maybe the sensitivity is an inbuilt mechanism to prevent that ) and as for shampoo ... well, each time I think I've found it and then my scalp rebels, so I am hoping the current one is it - no hot ears, no itching, and hopefully semi-regular clarifying my scalp with FemFresh will make it sustainable. I hope!
    Sensitivities would indeed make stashing quite complicated! I almost had the same happen with HH, which I do have a rather big stash of, but luckily, even though I do get an allergic reaction from it, I'm able to use it occasionally. I'm clearly having to limit it, though, and I can only hope that the allergy doesn't get worse over time.

Yes there is one good thing about this "try it all" "gather it all" craze. You *really* discover what those favorites are!

Man, I love to have someone alongside with me doing this like it was intended (well, everyone does what they want, for sure, really, don't mind me). Awesome Ylva, I have a use-up-keep-down-stash buddy.
    Most definitely!

It's funny how, in terms of shampoo, my hair did a complete 180 when it comes to preferences as I grew out natural. Now that I think about it, conditioner is still a complete mystery at this point! I have no idea what kind of conditioner my virgin hair will like in the end - if anything, since conditioner doesn't seem to make much of a difference to it. That is freaky!

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I managed to use up the stash I accumulated from 2019 last year, which was a feat by itself! But then I went and bought a bunch more stuff to try, and now I gotta do this again, so I guess I never will learn...! Haha. Conditioner does nothing for me, I think, except maybe the Bed Head Resurrection one which I liked a lot. I'm obsessed with hair masks though, and I think I'll allow myself to buy some when I've managed to use up the ones I don't enjoy.

I wish I could have huge stashes like you two, but I'm too obsessed with using up stuff and buying better ones to have the sanity for it!
    SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

It's funny how, in terms of shampoo, my hair did a complete 180 when it comes to preferences as I grew out natural. Now that I think about it, conditioner is still a complete mystery at this point! I have no idea what kind of conditioner my virgin hair will like in the end - if anything, since conditioner doesn't seem to make much of a difference to it. That is freaky!
    I had that with bleached/dyed ends. It's like it sucks it up, sucks up some more, and then still wants more.

Length
    Hip/TBL+/CL+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I had that with bleached/dyed ends. It's like it sucks it up, sucks up some more, and then still wants more.
    Oh, I meant my virgin hair pretty much just always feels the same, conditioner or not.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oh, I meant my virgin hair pretty much just always feels the same, conditioner or not.
    Oh OK!

I can definitely tell if conditioner is not moisturizing enough by the tangles I get.

Length
    12/SL/Term

Masks
    Waterman's Masque Me 200ml

Shampoo
    Goldwell Kerasilk Control 250ml
    Mane N Tail Growth Original 355ml
    No.4 Olaplex Bond Maintenance 250ml

Conditioner
    Goldwell Kerasilk Control 200ml
    Mane N Tail Growth Original 355ml
    No.5 Olaplex Bond Maintenance 250ml

Hair Color
    Fudge Paintbox Terquiose Days 75ml

Misc
    6 crocodile clips
    1 tail comb
    100 pack black salon latex free gloves
    Shhh Silk Sleep Cap (Black)
    (Possible microfiber turban if I can find one in a Color I like)

That is where I am now. One of this, one of that, or maybe one of those..... Just trying to figure everything out and experiment.

But I am trying not to be too crazy, mostly due to space limitations, and also because I already have several products I still need to try out. Honestly it will probably be July(or later) before I've tried them all. Not really because I have oodles of product but because I'll often do bi-weekly washings.
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I