Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention mods please :)

Length
    27.5"/35"/36"
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Post Attention mods please :)

Hey mods I notice a strong monoculture developing on this site due to an imbalance of diversity of beliefs in the mod group. I am disappointed by this, and am experiencing mod abuse as a result. Provided you do not delete my thread, ban me from it to where I have no voice in Orwellian cancel culture, or perhaps care at all - I would LOVE to get a response to this. And to anyone who does not see me post again - You know why. It was not by choice but rather by radical silencing of beliefs while allowing passive abuse on this site to people who believe differently.

This is not meant to be aggressive, but rather a calling out to see if anyone will indeed respond because I do feel this should be a community wide discussion.

​thanks
    I am Christian. This said, if you post to me in an effort to make a micro-aggression against my faith, values, freedoms, or against my religion; refrain. I do not tell others what to do and expect the same respect in return both on LHC and IRL. Thank you.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Attention mods please :)

I haven't seen the thread(s) in question but I think the world in general is less tolerant of diverse beliefs. That's unfortunate because I think our diversity, especially on LHC, is our strength and it's why LHC has lasted so long. I hope people will try to treat each other better despite their beliefs, both on the forum and off of the forum.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Since you want this to be community wide... You were recently quite mean to someone completely unprovoked. While I have no insight into any other actions that have occurred and obviously cannot speak to that, I don't know what else is going on... But being mean has never been tolerated here. It has nothing to do with monoculture.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

One thing that brings me back here is the desire to communicate whilst not limiting myself to comfy safe echo chambers of mutual agreement. Disagreeing on lhc tends to feel like sticking ones head above the parapet, not sure why that’s the way it often rolls here.

When I read something and have a different opinion, I don’t see any need to come and tell someone they’re wrong though I might flag that my experience is different if the overwhelming majority opinion seems to forget that others exist and are equally valid.

Regarding other viewpoints, maybe there aren’t enough members with alternate views to hold that space? Or that those members don’t feel safe to speak out?

I hope there’s room for me, for you, for everyone here. I would like to believe that any thread idea would hold within the broader community guidelines.

All the best, Strands. Keep on being you. There’s no community if we’re not being who we are and it would be sad to see more members leave.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

As Akurah stated; in the incident I believe you're referencing, someone made a rather logical and neutral statement and you lashed out and accused them of attacking your religion. No one had said anything at all about your religion prior to that. You decided that was what you wanted to make it about.

Outside of that and for general discussion, I see more Christian members post about being Christian, place it in their signatures, on their profiles, and refer to that frequently in their postings. I haven't seen atheists do the same, nor people who are Jewish, Muslim, or any other religion. I don't think it's your religion that's the problem here.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Blackgothicdoll words it exactly like I had in mind.
    No one attacked your religion, but still you came at people saying they were "not going to be saved".
    Please respect all religions, not just your own.
    The mods reactions were based on your behavior in your replies, not your religion.
    Last edited by eresh; December 24th, 2020 at 07:36 AM.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

LHC has long had a diverse and worldwide membership that naturally reflects different opinions and belief systems. There are lots of Christians, and also lots of non-Christians. Your religion is immaterial until you use it to berate someone for *checks notes* expressing consideration for you. That's not a micro-aggression against your religion.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

It's so funny how the one's that claim to be the most Christian always act the least Christian in every way possible. lol It's a strange phenomena to witness and unfortunately very common. Please get well soon.

In most cases, people who are truly strong and content in their beliefs generally keep it to themselves. Maybe something for you to think about.
    Last edited by The-Young-Maid; December 24th, 2020 at 12:28 PM.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

The oppressors always cry the loudest.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Funny how you don't see Satanists calling people out for being intolerant.