Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Attention mods please :)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Attention mods please :)

Oh my, seeing how some are defending Christianity to the bloody gums, I must be a very "loose" Christian then. I believe science trumps religion, any day, and still I was baptized, raised Catholic, went to Catholic school (had science and all the normal subjects as well as religion, there was room for all and not one worked against the other, it was just every subject for itself), had my Holy Communion, age 6 & 12. And I would probably have chosen a civil & church wedding.

But I must be the exception that doesn't adhere and stick to religion no matter what.

I feel that "reason" deserves its place, and that those sticking to God like glue are a class of their own.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy McLucyFace View Post
    I already clarified which it is: the Catholic Church founded by Jesus who declared Saint Peter His minister and gave us the Holy Spirit to protect the Church from error.
    Funny, Orthodox Christians could also say their church is the one true church founded by Jesus, since they were the same church until the 11th century. If you're gonna invoke the history of your church as "proof" that it's the one true faith, maybe you should read up on that history.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    Funny, Orthodox Christians could also say their church is the one true church founded by Jesus, since they were the same church until the 11th century. If you're gonna invoke the history of your church as "proof" that it's the one true faith, maybe you should read up on that history.
    Yup. I didn't mention that, if the lady knows her church's history she should know that part as well. I might also say that orthodox church isn't nearly as monetary oriented as Catholic is. Doesn't have a bank. Doesn't have sell forgiveness, and is in fact much more in the spirit of Bible and Jesus's mission on Earth than catholic church. Therefore it could be stated that Orthodox are truer Christians.
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy McLucyFace View Post

I already clarified which it is: the Catholic Church founded by Jesus who declared Saint Peter His minister and gave us the Holy Spirit to protect the Church from error.
    Yup, that’s the one with the Arian heresy. The Protestants didn’t break away from the Catholics until much later. Before that, you pretty much had the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, and both had a whole bunch of arguments and disagreements and heresies and changes regarding exactly who Jesus was, what he stood for, and exactly what this One Truth was supposed to be.

Corrected to say that I can’t remember exactly when the Eastern Orthodox Church split from the Catholic Church, so I’m probably getting something wrong here.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    Yup, that’s the one with the Arian heresy. The Protestants didn’t break away from the Catholics until much later. Before that, you pretty much had the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, and both had a whole bunch of arguments and disagreements and heresies and changes regarding exactly who Jesus was, what he stood for, and exactly what this One Truth was supposed to be.

Corrected to say that I can’t remember exactly when the Eastern Orthodox Church split from the Catholic Church, so I’m probably getting something wrong here.
    It wasn't until 1054, so well after the time period you were talking about in your previous post
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB