Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Last Post By" is not getting updated

Type
    1b/F/i

Default "Last Post By" is not getting updated

I am curious about this. Every now and then I run across a situation where the "last post by" part of a thread on a forum list doesn't get updated. I hope it's not too confusing how I said that. It's happening for me now on the "What are you Reading" thread. On my computer/ipad/phone the last person who supposedly posted on the thread is listed as Nini and the title of the thread is highlighted on my list like I haven't read Nini's post. Thing is, there is a whole page of posts after Nini last posted including two that I wrote myself. Does anybody know what's up with that?
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Default Re: "Last Post By" is not getting updated

It seems to be the glitch where the first post on the next page doesn’t show up. It can usually be fixed by posting something, somehow that brings up the new post and the one that wasn’t showing. I’ve just tried it on the thread you mentioned and it worked, although not immediately.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    It seems to be the glitch where the first post on the next page doesn’t show up. It can usually be fixed by posting something, somehow that brings up the new post and the one that wasn’t showing. I’ve just tried it on the thread you mentioned and it worked, although not immediately.
    That's it.

Since it's hard to get the glitch to show when we want to, the more technical mods haven't able to solve it. But it usually does work to post. When it happens for me I usually just writes "Posting to see if I can remove the glitch", or something like that

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

That has been a really tough one to replicate! We still aren't sure what caused it, which makes prevention tricky.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

If someone notices it happening and reports the thread to a mod while its still happening instead of making it go away, would that help at all to be able to study the problem?
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cat11 View Post
    If someone notices it happening and reports the thread to a mod while its still happening instead of making it go away, would that help at all to be able to study the problem?
    Maybe reporting the "hung" post would help? So not the first post on the thread?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/i

Lady Stardust seems to have fixed it. It's strange, because I posted a couple times after Nina. I think though from what you all are saying - it has to get to the start of a new page to fix it. I will try that next time. It doesn't happen very often on the threads I read. I think this is only the second time I've seen it.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Type
    2a/C/iii

This has been a long-time bug in the board's software: a new post may not show up until the next post is made to the same thread. The cause has never been tracked down.

If you encounter this bug, try to avoid posting again because that will result in a double-post.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

This glitch is different from the occasional last post not showing. This can include multiple posts. I've only witnessed it once but I am positive it's not the same thing as the more common version.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    This glitch is different from the occasional last post not showing. This can include multiple posts. I've only witnessed it once but I am positive it's not the same thing as the more common version.
    Trust 2020 to bring another bug
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness