Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Observation: finding shampoos WITH SLS is hard

Length
    13/31/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Observation: finding shampoos WITH SLS is hard

This might be a bit off topic, but I found using a bar shampoo (lye based, not a syndet bar), helped me stretch out my washes. I found it very cleansing, especially if I wash 3x in a row (which I've heard recommended). Granted, my scalp isn't exactly oily to begin with, but just thought I'd put it out there.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

If anyone is still looking, Herbal Essences Blue Ginger shampoo uses SLS as the main cleansing agent. Some of their shampoos are a SLS/SLES combo, but this one is just SLS, with some CB lower down on the ingredient list. I really like this one. Not sure if itís sold outside of the US:

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Herbal Essences is no longer obtainable in Belgium, I think. At least, I know of no store around me that carries it. I haven't checked "Carrefour", but checked all other stores, and... nope. It seems to be gone from all of their assortments.

I am also one of "those" that needs the harshest formulas out there. I can do SLES/CB for a good long while, better than sulfate-mild in any case, but I do need to scrub with Head & Shoulders once in a while if I go that route. With a SLS cleanser, I can just keep using that no problem.

Fortunately I have a backstash on the Aqua Light (which "Delhaize" still seems to do in my country), so phew, but if they now changed their formula... oh man, that's not gonna be it anymore.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

^Oh no about no Herbal Essences! Eeeek! You’d like the Blue Ginger one, I think. Gives hair body, and very cleansing. And I find it’s fine and not too drying if I don’t go to town on my length, and just let the suds rinse down from the scalp.

Maybe they will rethink that decision and Herbal Essences will show up again in Belgium sometime soon, down the line. Thank goodness for that stash of yours!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    ^Oh no about no Herbal Essences! Eeeek! You’d like the Blue Ginger one, I think. Gives hair body, and very cleansing. And I find it’s fine and not too drying if I don’t go to town on my length, and just let the suds rinse down from the scalp.

Maybe they will rethink that decision and Herbal Essences will show up again in Belgium sometime soon, down the line. Thank goodness for that stash of yours!
    As annoying as it sometimes is to even store it, it has come in handy a couple times over!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

^ see it’s logical to stash extras

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    ^ see it’s logical to stash extras
    Ooooooh you know it!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I'm going to try and locate prell. After looking at the ingredients, it looks like a good clarifying type shampoo.
    Might just stock up on some since more and more brands are going sulfate free
    Back to henna, again

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I'm going to try and locate prell. After looking at the ingredients, it looks like a good clarifying type shampoo.
    Might just stock up on some since more and more brands are going sulfate free
    That just is terrible. I wish there was a brand smart enough to offer both sides of the spectrum. Not everyone can go sulfate-mild or sulfate-free, darn it!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That just is terrible. I wish there was a brand smart enough to offer both sides of the spectrum. Not everyone can go sulfate-mild or sulfate-free, darn it!
    Yeah, it is. I wish companies would consider their long term customers and not just follow trends.

I did pick up a bottle of prell. It contains Ammonium Laureth Sulfate instead of sls. I wasn't sure how I would like it so just got the one bottle.
    I had to wash after yard work and that stuff is amazing. I've been having issue with my scalp for a couple week and now it actually feels clean and is itch free.
    I don't know if you can get prell over there but you might give it it try if you can, it really cleans.

I also got a bottle of Pantene sheer volume which seems to be similar to the ice shine. I want to compare the two, the pantene still has sls.
    Back to henna, again