Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advocado oil

Length
    Shave/Mid t/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Advocado oil

Hi ive just purchased some advocado oil haven't used it before I'm wondering if i just use it the same as my other oils like putting it in my hair after washing or putting it on my dry hair before braiding? Or would I be better using it before I wash? Sorry for all the questions.
    Thanks

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Advocado oil

I haven't tried it on wet hair (yet) but have used it to oil dry hair the night before shampooing. I thought it was a little lighter than EVO but heavier than the usual oils I use on my wet hair like argan and jojoba. I always experiment with new oils before washing in case they are too heavy or make me look greasy.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    Shave/Mid t/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    I haven't tried it on wet hair (yet) but have used it to oil dry hair the night before shampooing. I thought it was a little lighter than EVO but heavier than the usual oils I use on my wet hair like argan and jojoba. I always experiment with new oils before washing in case they are too heavy or make me look greasy.
    Hi thanks, I thought it would be better before a wash as well, hopefully my hair is ok with it. I like trying new oils out.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I love avocado oil! With EVOO it's my favourite for deep pre-poo treatments, but if you use it sparingly (like, a drop or two) it can also be used after washing, as a finishing touch.

It all depends on the smell: sometimes the very genuine, food-grade ones have quite a strong flavour, and I'm not sure I want my hair smelling like avocado toast all day.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I mix it 50/50 with castor oil and use before washing out with conditioner. Not tried it on damp hair though, so if you do I’d be interested to hear how you found it.

Length
    Shave/Mid t/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I'm definitely going to try just before I wash first see how that goes, I actually haven't opened it yet so I not sure how it smells! Going to have to check now!
    Feral I'll definitely let you know how it goes after a wash as I'm definitely going to try that as well.

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Avocado oil is solid in my bathroom in winter. I didn't like that much. I thought it's a bit greasy, but my hair is pretty much solid and doesn't compact, so it's OK.

Length
    Shave/Mid t/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I tried advocado oil on my dry hair braided it then went to bed. I wcc in the morning then after air drying it turned to frizz! Something I don't experience so I think if I use it again 30mins will be long enough to leave on.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

How have I not replied to this thread? My hair loves avo oil.

I use it for pre-wash oiling, on it damp in the summer, to help stop the braid-shed/winter fuzz. I also use it as a facial oil under my regular sunscreen/etc in the colder months and my skin seems to be quite happy about it.
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

What great timing, I've been considering trying Avocado oil myself. My hair loves olive oil but I haven't found any other oils to use on it.
    I like the idea of kitchen grade avocado oil because if my hair doesn't like it we can just cook with it lol. (I only try oils that can be cooked with on my hair for that exact reason!)
    Just trying to get by