Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurker says hi

Length
    APL/WL/term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Lurker says hi

Hello everyone!

I’ve been lurking on the forums for a while and decided it was time to join. Nice to meet you all.

My hair is currently waist length in the back and between mid back length and waist length in the front. The longest I’ve had it is tailbone length, and this time around I’m curious to find out if that’s my terminal length or if it could grow longer. Time will tell, I suppose.

This feels like possibly the first time I’m consciously growing out my hair on purpose. Previously when I’ve had it short I eventually just stopped cutting it when it stopped being fun, forgot about my hair and then suddenly it was tailbone length again. Or so it seems. I’ve had to accept that it might actually take a few years. But we’re getting there! The last time I cut it (not counting trims) was in September 2019. It was about armpit length then. So we’re definitely making progress.

As a fun fact I can tell you something I know is an unpopular opinion here: I wear my hair down. My washing schedule is designed so that I can wear it down on more days than I need to wear it up; I’ve had to settle for one dirty day of wearing it in a half up half down or something so that I don’t wash it too often. Though of course now that corona is a thing and I very rarely leave the house, my hair is in a loose bun a lot of the time just to have it out of the way. I hope that relieves your concerns slightly.

Sorry for the longish ramble, and I hope you’re all staying healthy! :)

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Lurker says hi

Welcome!

And you can wear your hair any way you want, as long as you know that the mechanical wear and tear is there if it's down a lot; but if you are okay with that, who is to tell you how to wear your hair.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome to the forum
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    APL/WL/term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Thank you! And yes, the possibility of added damage is something I've become more aware of as I've been reading more about growing hair. But I never really struggled with damage in the past even when I didn't do much to protect my hair, and so far the risk still feels worth it since I much prefer having my hair down.

All the interesting buns and braids people here do might inspire me though, maybe I'll eventually find a few updos I really like the look of on myself.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Awesome; but you do you. If you feel great with your hair down, then keep doing it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20/20/25

Hello ! welcome to the forum i new here too ! hope you will like the forum !

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Hi and welcome!
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Welcome!

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    27/29/34
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tähkäpää View Post
    Hello everyone!

I’ve been lurking on the forums for a while and decided it was time to join. Nice to meet you all.

My hair is currently waist length in the back and between mid back length and waist length in the front. The longest I’ve had it is tailbone length, and this time around I’m curious to find out if that’s my terminal length or if it could grow longer. Time will tell, I suppose.

This feels like possibly the first time I’m consciously growing out my hair on purpose. Previously when I’ve had it short I eventually just stopped cutting it when it stopped being fun, forgot about my hair and then suddenly it was tailbone length again. Or so it seems. I’ve had to accept that it might actually take a few years. But we’re getting there! The last time I cut it (not counting trims) was in September 2019. It was about armpit length then. So we’re definitely making progress.

As a fun fact I can tell you something I know is an unpopular opinion here: I wear my hair down. My washing schedule is designed so that I can wear it down on more days than I need to wear it up; I’ve had to settle for one dirty day of wearing it in a half up half down or something so that I don’t wash it too often. Though of course now that corona is a thing and I very rarely leave the house, my hair is in a loose bun a lot of the time just to have it out of the way. I hope that relieves your concerns slightly.

Sorry for the longish ramble, and I hope you’re all staying healthy!
    Hi, and welcome from another newbie! I also love to leave my hair down. It's really one of the big reasons I love super long hair. I love the feeling of it falling over my shoulder and so much more. However, I am trying to get used to wearing it up more often. You know, our faces look different in different hairstyles, and I feel like an up-do accentuates some of the things I didn't like about my face. But, I am coming to accept and embrace the things about my face that I never particularly cared for, and to love and accept myself as I am. It has been a liberating feeling to wear my updos and be confident and proud, ditching my old insecurities into the past. I also notice that when I am super busy, my hair seems to grow faster, probably because I am just not paying attention. As they say, the watched pot never boils. When my hair is up, it is easier for me to ignore it. With the dry cold winter ahead, I think I will need to do updos most of the time to protect my hair, until warm weather comes, and then, hopefully, I will be a few inches longer and can enjoy my hair being down even more.