Thread: Hello everyone

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Hello everyone

I m new here I am planning to do hair oiling and mask 2 times a week alternatively. but I want to know do we need to try new mask everytime or do I need to decide on any two that i will be doing for next few months to get results. Thanks

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hello everyone

Welcome. What's the rest of your routine like. How often do you wash?

I either use a conditioner or mask every time I wash (which is weekly).

What exactly do you mean by "results"? The key is to keep your hair moisturized and in good health, that's all.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    27/29/34
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I am also new here and have recently decided to make a renewed commitment to grow my hair to WL. Feeling like my hair was getting very dry with the change of season to colder weather, I enthusiastically went to the store and bought a hair mask and a few other conditioners. However, the results were good on the first day, but then my dryness came back before the next wash. I have discovered that the products I bought have silicones in them and maybe that is the reason. My hair is delicate and sensitive. I am just learning all this and so cannot offer sound advice, but I think you have to discover what works for for your hair. For me, it seems like the commercial mask is ultimately damaging to my hair. I am learning about the water only method, the conditioner only method (using conditioner without silicones), and natural hair masks that you can make at home. I don't know yet what I will commit to. I have almost concluded that, during the dry cold season, all shampoos and anything with silicones won't work for me, and that I need to make it a priority to do anything and everything to protect my hair from getting dry and brittle, and only this way will I achieve the results I want, which is long, WL, healthy hair. Someone else said to me, happy growing! And it is true. We grow our hair because it makes us happy. If a product is not making you happy and giving you the results you want, then leave it, and keep looking for what makes you and your hair happy.

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome! What's your motivation for doing the oiling and masks? Personally, I think experimentation is great. And simplicity. I get away with using random non-fancy oils.

Sunseed Good advice - I also recommend trying various things and seeing what's best for you.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139