Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CALL to all Girls, I need your advice !!!!!

Unhappy CALL to all Girls, I need your advice !!!!!

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well.

When I wan born till my 2nd year in elementary I had hair SAME as Asian people the EXACT SAME (soft , black and shiny ) but as I grow older (from the 4th elementary year) I donít know what happened it started to change and become (dry and poofy). I tried to see if anyone has the same experience as me or give an explanation why did my hair change or a way to reverse it but unfortunately NOTHING

I only highlight a few strands of my hair ONCE when I was in middle school. After that i cut all my hair till my ears and never dyed or bleached my hair. Last time I used heat on my hair was in 2015, after I graduated from university exactly beginning of 2016 I stopped using all types of heat.

As you can see in the pictures below, this is my hair , My problem is even after I condition and moisturise my hair it gets poofy (what you see in the picture is the result of using a sulfate and silicon free shampoo also a conditioner then I apply leave in and now I incorporated a defining curl cream ď sometimes I use oils as well but I will get the same result/shape only when you touch my hair it will feel greasy ď ) and then I braid it . Whatever I use once I loosen the braid or bun or even after doing a plop my hair will always look like this, all these product will make it soft but the frizziness and poofiness is always there. I also switched to product with No glycerine since i live in hot and dry climate but i get the same results.

https://ibb.co/ZMT0s6r and https://ibb.co/NSRQpJh

and here is a picture when my hair is straight with flat iron you can see that there is poofiness and some strand are alone, and the ends looks dry even though i trim them

https://ibb.co/rFRyzvX and https://ibb.co/f12TQsX

I donít know what to do anymore OR why did my hair change like that 😭😭😭😭

Default Re: CALL to all Girls, I need your advice !!!!!

https://ibb.co/d22xDPC the other picture reuploaded

You have beautiful, curly hair! Do you brush it? I know curly hair doesn't like it...

I think you should read a little about how care about curly (eventually wavy) hair .

Length
    26/36/45
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Why do you braid? Braids make my hair poofy and frizzy.
    BSL-MBL-WL- HL -BCL-TBL-CL
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Hello Leena, welcome on LHC!
    That kind of poofiness is usually a sign of disrupted curl pattern: like your hair is curlier than it looks.
    Flat-ironing the hair can often backfire, leaving hair that can't lie straight without massive amounts of poof, but it's not healthy enough to form a proper curl either.
    Would you consider stop using heath-styling for a long time and see if your pattern improves?
    Also, brushes can really mess up the curl pattern (unless you brush only before washing the hair), so a wide-toothed wooden comb may be a better option.

I also want to add: my hair texture changed a lot after puberty, getting curlier, coarser and fluffier. I think what you went through is pretty normal, usually children hair is finer and silkier than adults.
    Last edited by SleepyTangles; November 27th, 2020 at 07:40 AM.
    Pixie! - Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

FWIW, OP, not everyone here is a "girl" (cis or otherwise)... and those who do not identify as female can also have any type of hair.

Also, yes, a person's hair can change in color and/or texture from childhood to adulthood; in fact, it can keep changing all their life.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Welcome Leena, I love your black hair, very jealous of the colour!

I agree with Bonsai and SleepyTangles, the poofyness might be because of a disrupted curl pattern. If you're combing or brushing your hair while it dries or when it's dry, that's probably why it's fluffy.
    How do you normally style your hair? Maybe it would be good to take a hair typing pic and go from there? Here's the hair typing thread if you decide to try it.
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    Hello Leena, welcome on LHC!
    That kind of poofiness is usually a sign of disrupted curl pattern: like your hair is curlier than it looks.
    Flat-ironing the hair can often backfire, leaving hair that can't lie straight without massive amounts of poof, but it's not healthy enough to form a proper curl either.
    Would you consider stop using heath-styling for a long time and see if your pattern improves?
    Also, brushes can really mess up the curl pattern (unless you brush only before washing the hair), so a wide-toothed wooden comb may be a better option.

I also want to add: my hair texture changed a lot after puberty, getting curlier, coarser and fluffier. I think what you went through is pretty normal, usually children hair is finer and silkier than adults.

Hi, thanks for your comment. actually, 2020 marks my 4th year without using any heat. i only wash and condition my hair then apply leave-in / oil thats all. no heat at all. I don't brush my hair when its dry or in the process. I leave my hair air-dry then i get this poofiness no matter what i apply or the quantity. I don't think my hair is damaged since im not dying/ bleaching my hair in addition. that i left using heat for 4 years. but i want something to make this poofiness calm down

Quote Originally Posted by Amenahh View Post
    Welcome Leena, I love your black hair, very jealous of the colour!

I agree with Bonsai and SleepyTangles, the poofyness might be because of a disrupted curl pattern. If you're combing or brushing your hair while it dries or when it's dry, that's probably why it's fluffy.
    How do you normally style your hair? Maybe it would be good to take a hair typing pic and go from there? Here's the hair typing thread if you decide to try it.
    Thanks, Amenahh that's so sweet of you . actually, I was thinking that I would like to see my hair with a different color XD.

I don't brush my hair when it is dry or while it dries i know this is one of the crucial rules for curly hair. my problem is with this poofiness and when my hair is air drying, some parts get fluffy and poofy no matter what cream, leave-in or oil i apply.
    thanks i will check the link

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Why do you braid? Braids make my hair poofy and frizzy.

cause i see some people said braiding the hair helped them tame the frizziness so i tried but did not work for me