Thread: hairsticks for really long hair?

Default hairsticks for really long hair?

i want to give my friend nice hairsticks as a gift, but i'm not sure how long they would have to be to work for her. she has iii floor-length hair so shorter hairsticks kind of get swallowed up, but i don't know exactly what WOULD work. chopstick-length definitely would, i've seen her wear those, but would 7 inches? 8? if you have similar hair please let me know what works for you!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: hairsticks for really long hair?

Chopstick length is pretty broad. The kind you eat with vary from 7 to 11 inches.

Figure out a downlow way to ask her about her hairsticks, though something like "oh that hair stick you're wearing is really neat. How long is it?" might work even though that's kind of blatent.

How much her hair compacts will also make a difference, as well as the type of bun being worn. Sticks that are too short obviously won't hold, but thinking you can hedge your bets and overestimate the length isn't a safe bet. Hairsticks that are too long are insanely annoying because they get caught on things and won't be worn either.

What you might be able to do is inquire with some hair toy makers if they'd let you do a gift card.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

7" is usually long enough for people here. And that length is quite available from most hairtoy sellers. 8" might be hard to find. Hairsticks too long can poke in the neck and get caught on stuff. You don't want sticks that are wider than a person's head.

Thank you!

Length
    APL/WL/CL

I agree, I use 7" ones. Depends on your length and thickness. You could always make a bun and then measure the width!
    Keep going, keep growing

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I don't know if they are still in business, but https://www.longlocks.com/ had some great selections of sticks for very long hair. I friend of mine with hair to her knees loved the sticks and you could get them customized. I checked, the web site is still active. I talked to the owner many years ago, and she was very knowledgeable. Good luck!

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh that's a hairtoy with long history. Back then it was a symbol of expensive hairtoy. I guess now there are plenty of other hairtoys just as expensive. For beginners I would suggest something cheaper, and hopefully non-breakable.