Thread: Connection Aborted ... harmful to your device

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Connection Aborted ... harmful to your device

Does anyone else get this message? I get it frequently while on LHC. I'm usually fine getting to a board, but this often happens when I click on a particular thread. It's frustrating because I often can't get through to the desired thread, after repeatedly trying. I get similar messages on my Android phone and PC. I usually use the Chrome operating system on my PC. I'll try with other operating systems. The full Android message is

Connection aborted. This website could be harmful to your device.
    Reload

The reload button takes me back to the forum.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Connection Aborted ... harmful to your device

That sounds scary. Some feedback. I am on Windows10, Firefox browser and so far have had no issues. I hope it stays that way.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Is this happening with specific threads? Like it always happens on Thread X?

Anyone else experiencing this?

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

My first thought is the router/modem of your ISP may be the culprit due to security settings flagging things wrong--the problem is, if it is in fact the culprit, that's going to be a pain the the butt to fix, especially if you're not well versed in technology. I work in tech and if that was in fact the culprit and I were experiencing the same, I am not confident I could fix it for myself.

When you browse through your phone, are you connected to wifi or cellular data only? If you connect to wifi, does it ever occur when you are on cellular data only (ex: you are browsing when you are not at your home)
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/C/iii

The message may be coming from the Chrome browser, which is common to Chrome OS and Android. https://support.google.com/chrome/an...DAndroid&hl=en

I am not seeing any warnings on Firefox.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I am not seeing any warning using either windows 10 with internet explorer, or using Linux mint with chrome. Also no notices on my android phone FWIW.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm on my phone today. I started using my normal, the Duck Duck Go browser and search engine. I had the problem there. I then switched to Chrome and have had no problems so far. I've also been on FireFox for a bit. So far, so good.

On my PC, I often used the Duck Duck Go search engine regardless of browser. Perhaps the search engine was the problem. I'll keep trying various combinations to see if it happens with any others. Meanwhile I can post here with no problem. 🥳