Default Re: New Member with Hair Shedding Concerns

Welcome! I don't have shedding advice but wish you good luck
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    27/29/34
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Hi. Stress is more of a factor for me than I ever realized. And itís not like Iíll see immediate thinning of my hair. I only notice it 6-9 months later when my hair seems thinner than before. Iím going through this now. Have faith in your body. Take care of it with diet, rest, and anything healthy you can do for yourself, and eventually you will see the results. Try not to worry or obsess. Iím also trying some natural remedies, like oils and supplements that have been suggested on this forum.

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hairyprincess View Post
    [FONT="]Hello![/FONT]
    [FONT="] I’m excited to explore my hair potential with the LHC! For the past three months, I have experienced some excessive hair shedding after each shower. I don’t know how much shedding is normal, but it’s definitely more than before. I was wondering if it was due to harsh chemicals in the shampoo, or if my diet affected it… Can irregular sleep also affect hair loss/shedding? Am I rubbing the roots of my hair too hard?[/FONT]
    If anyone has any tips or pages I should read, it would be appreciated.
    Yes, I agree with the other posts. What I would do if I were you is to invest in some different types of hair oils. Like, castor oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil. Yes, you might be scrubbing your scalp too hard when shampooing! When shampooing there is no need to do a whole lot of hard scrubbing to get clean hair and scalp. All you got to do is rub and massage the shampoo with your fingertips gently and the shampoo with do it's job of cleansing with the sulfates in it.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here! It is normal to lose up to 150 hairs every day. But if you are worried about shedding, make sure you are eating and sleeping well, get a bit of exercise and it'll grow back quite happily! Stress for whatever reason can cause hair fall in larger quantities but it does grow back. I lost a third of my hair when I got a divorce (2013) and another third when I became ill, (2015) and it is still growing back.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    chin/hip/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Welcome! As others have said, thereís a lot of possible reasons for a shed. I had a major shed last year after being quite ill, and itís all grown to be about 4-5Ē long now.

Switching my shampoos helped with hair fall, too, and generally exploring gentler methods of handling it. Best of luck - and it will indeed grow back!

I was having excessive shedding and it turns out I was anemic. One of the main symptoms for low iron is hair loss. Make sure you're getting all your vitamins and minerals!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrystar View Post
    I was having excessive shedding and it turns out I was anemic. One of the main symptoms for low iron is hair loss. Make sure you're getting all your vitamins and minerals!
    Hey there, welcome!

I wouldn't worry if it isn't coming out in chunks. Then I'd start to worry.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I am going thru increased shedding too, and wonder if it is pandemic related.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pisces1480 View Post
    I am going thru increased shedding too, and wonder if it is pandemic related.
    It's just about the change of seasons too, so that would make more sense to me. If it were pandemic related it would be a year already, right? How long has it been going on? And increased, slightly more, chunks, 50% more? What are we talking here?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    scalp/50/???
    Type
    1b/M/ii

PSA: If you are taking thyroid hormone, be really careful of iron supplements.

Because iron binds the hormone and reduces its bioavailability you need to take them 12 hours apart do they can't interact. Otherwise it's like you're not taking the Rx at all and you will become iatrogenically hypothyroid! I learned this the hard way several years ago.
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???