Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to TLHC

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Smile New to TLHC

Last week I had been washing my hair with Dr. Bronner’s rose soap without diluting it and my hair got really bad soap residue build up. It felt really dry like straw, I decided to use baking soda mixed with conditioner to remove the residue. This helped the buildup, but my hair was even more dry and straw like. I could not wait to get home from work and condition my hair today! I then conditioned my hair from root to tips and let it air dry. It was straight and fluffy I used some leave in oil and brushed it a few times with my wet brush. So, once I got my hair kind of smoothed out, I decided to do some Dutch braids for the rest of the night and for while I am sleeping. I will see how my hair looks in the morning.

My goal is to grow my hair out as long and as healthy as possible. I would say my main goal at this point is waist length and to move on from there. I have very short bangs that I struggle to grow out, but since joining this community and documenting my process I think I can do it. I also have an undercut that is growing out. The bangs and under cut are probably the same length around 1-2 inches. I am going to just ignore them for now and let them grow as they are much healthier than the length of my hair. The length of my hair was last cut May 26, 2020 and it was after a whole lot of bleaching and dying, I really damaged my hair.
    So, my hair does not really curl like it used to and I just want to get it as healthy as possible again. I will not be dying it, using any heat, or cutting it. I want to find a technique that suits my hair currently to get it back into shape and grow it out again. I once had it down to waist length back in 2016 before cutting it all off and experimenting with colors and styles.

I am going to see how long it will take until I need to wash my hair and try the WCW.
    I think my length is between armpit and bra strap, I am not sure, but I need to take a picture next time I wash it. I do have a photo from the day it was cut 6 months ago so it will be nice to take an updated photo to see the progress I have made.

2a//m//ii

Currently: BSL
    1st goal: MBL
    2nd goal: WL

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: New to TLHC

Hello r0sequartz! Welcome and happy growing
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Welcome! This is a great place to learn “all” things hair! 🤗

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Welcome here!

Length
    buzz/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Welcome R0sequartz! I feel like Dr. Bronner's always messes with my hair - like the first two days it feels amazing and thick and then after that it gets greasy and weird. My hair is between bra strap and BSL too, with the longest bits just at BSL so I'm looking forward to following your progress!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome!

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Thank you!

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanks much! I must say I love your avatar and signature photos, very beautiful hair

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mary_whitney View Post
    Welcome R0sequartz! I feel like Dr. Bronner's always messes with my hair - like the first two days it feels amazing and thick and then after that it gets greasy and weird. My hair is between bra strap and BSL too, with the longest bits just at BSL so I'm looking forward to following your progress!
    Thank you! & yes that was very much my experience with Dr. Bronner's. Thanks for the support