Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Powdered (NOT dry) shampoo

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Powdered (NOT dry) shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Rose View Post
    I received an email today stating that they are rebranding and releasing a new item on March 2nd. The formula is not changing. All orders made after this Friday will be pre-order only until the end of March. I happened to use it today before I got the email and was wondering about it because I seem to be running low.
    I received the email, too, Laurel Rose. I suspect that they will come out with a powdered conditioner next. I hope so. That would be fabulous.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    APL/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

That's my guess too. I'm curious to see it in action

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Rose View Post
    That's my guess too. I'm curious to see it in action
    As a total aside, Laurel Rose, I just realized that you're a new LHC member. Welcome!

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I went a little crazy and ordered the Fat and the Moon "stimulate" powdered shampoo and "day to day" conditioner, as well as the owa "moondust". The powdered shampoo product itself is so intriguing, and the Fat and the Moon one has cool packaging, and scents I tend to like, more earthy and patchouli hippie stuff ;D Can't wait for them to arrive!

Edit: Just wanted to add I do realize the conditioner is not powdered, but it would be awesome if it was! For now I like that you can order it with or without the pump, if I choose to reorder I can get one without (: Thanks for doing the research Noema!
    Last edited by FaeBroom; February 25th, 2021 at 08:11 PM.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    I went a little crazy and ordered the Fat and the Moon "stimulate" powdered shampoo and "day to day" conditioner, as well as the owa "moondust". The powdered shampoo product itself is so intriguing, and the Fat and the Moon one has cool packaging, and scents I tend to like, more earthy and patchouli hippie stuff ;D Can't wait for them to arrive!

Edit: Just wanted to add I do realize the conditioner is not powdered, but it would be awesome if it was! For now I like that you can order it with or without the pump, if I choose to reorder I can get one without (: Thanks for doing the research Noema!
    Hi FaeBroom,

You're very welcome!

Thank you for letting us know about Fat and the Moon. I hadn't heard of them before. Please let us know how you like their products. The ingredients look really simple and natural.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

OK, FaeBroom, Moondust announced the matching conditioner today.

The ingredients look good to me, though I may have to follow up with a coney serum.

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

The Fat and Moon dry shampoos look awesome. I love that it doesn't come in plastic packaging. I wonder how it performs compared to sulfates. My scalp will have a nuclear meltdown if it's not cleaned to its liking so I'm usually stuck with commercial shampoo.

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I think I got the pre-redesign bottle, I can definitely see the little white insert popping out. I only used it once, but I tended to shake it out like a salt shaker rather than puffing it out, so maybe that'll make it last longer.

It looks like they completely rebranded, the original link in the first thread post doesn't even work anymore. The new one for the main website is this: https://susteau.com/, and it looks like the caps are indeed more solid, just from what I gather from pictures. Packaging aside- the product itself is amazing, at least with my hair type/routine. I pre-poo'd with coconut oil the night before a wash, like I always do, and then washed the next morning with just the Moondust, no conditioner, like always. The damaged ends of my hair tend to get dry and overly clean on wash day, and then wind up looking like a broom, but the Moondust seems to have a softer, yet still very cleansing effect. My virgin roots like it too, and it removed the leftover fenugreek smell from my hair completely (and that smell was... lingering.) I wish the product itself had more smell, I didn't really pick up on any, but if you like a very mild product this is a good choice. I agree with the rich buttery lather too- a pleasant surprise! My hair is left very soft and manageable- overall a win for me

More of the old design:

My Fat and the Moon order shipped today, will update on that as well (:

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    I think I got the pre-redesign bottle, I can definitely see the little white insert popping out. I only used it once, but I tended to shake it out like a salt shaker rather than puffing it out, so maybe that'll make it last longer.

It looks like they completely rebranded, the original link in the first thread post doesn't even work anymore. The new one for the main website is this: https://susteau.com/, and it looks like the caps are indeed more solid, just from what I gather from pictures. Packaging aside- the product itself is amazing, at least with my hair type/routine. I pre-poo'd with coconut oil the night before a wash, like I always do, and then washed the next morning with just the Moondust, no conditioner, like always. The damaged ends of my hair tend to get dry and overly clean on wash day, and then wind up looking like a broom, but the Moondust seems to have a softer, yet still very cleansing effect. My virgin roots like it too, and it removed the leftover fenugreek smell from my hair completely (and that smell was... lingering.) I wish the product itself had more smell, I didn't really pick up on any, but if you like a very mild product this is a good choice. I agree with the rich buttery lather too- a pleasant surprise! My hair is left very soft and manageable- overall a win for me

More of the old design:

My Fat and the Moon order shipped today, will update on that as well (:
    Yep, the bottle is the same as the one that I have. Sprinkling rather than puffing the product out is definitely the way to go, FaeBroom.

I'm so glad that the product works so well for you! I am a big fan of conditioner, but I do get the sense that I could go without when I use Moondust.

I look forward to hearing your review on Fat and the Moon products.