Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powdered (NOT dry) shampoo

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Powdered (NOT dry) shampoo

How long did it take them to get back to you? That's pretty good that they're willing to send you a new one.

Your experiences with it have been interesting, thanks for updating. I don't know if I'll ever be able to try it because of the costs of getting it posted and going through customs over here, but if they do branch out across the Atlantic I would be interested.

EDIT: in their FAQ they say to let them know where we would be interested in seeing their products https://owahaircare.com/pages/freque...sked-questions Any expansion realistically would take time and need a fairly sure market, but if we make our interest known it can't hurt!
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; January 15th, 2021 at 04:08 PM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    How long did it take them to get back to you? That's pretty good that they're willing to send you a new one.

Your experiences with it have been interesting, thanks for updating. I don't know if I'll ever be able to try it because of the costs of getting it posted and going through customs over here, but if they do branch out across the Atlantic I would be interested.

EDIT: in their FAQ they say to let them know where we would be interested in seeing their products https://owahaircare.com/pages/freque...sked-questions Any expansion realistically would take time and need a fairly sure market, but if we make our interest known it can't hurt!
    MusicalSpoons, they got back to me in three or four days. And I was pleased that they're sending me a new one.

Yes, by all means, let them know that you'd like to try it.

Moondust is one of the few shampoos that kept my silvers from sticking up like barbed-wire on my crown. And it wasn't the least bit stripping.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

This is very interesting! I wish that more powdered shampoos (add water) were available in the U.S. Does anyone know of any?

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

OK, I found these:

neo-powder

fat and the moon

I'm sure that there must be others.

I haven't tried either of these, so I'm not recommending them. If you try them, please keep us posted!

Length
    APL/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I purchased the mini bottle a while back and used it around 10 times. I experienced the same issue with the bottle. Despite that, I love how it lathers and my ends aren't begging for moisture when I use it. I won't be using it every time but it's great for quick wash days. I'd compare it to co-washing (at least for me) where I don't feel totally clean but it looks fresh. When I run out I'll likely purchase more assuming they update the bottle design.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Rose View Post
    I purchased the mini bottle a while back and used it around 10 times. I experienced the same issue with the bottle. Despite that, I love how it lathers and my ends aren't begging for moisture when I use it. I won't be using it every time but it's great for quick wash days. I'd compare it to co-washing (at least for me) where I don't feel totally clean but it looks fresh. When I run out I'll likely purchase more assuming they update the bottle design.
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Laurel Rose.

If you have a moment, you could drop them a line and let them know that you experienced the issue with the bottle. Their customer service was fabulous. And, hopefully, they'll fix the design flaw based on customer feedback.

Length
    APL/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hi Neoma

I reviewed the mini about a month ago and received the following reply:
    Hi Laurel! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our packaging wasn’t the best but we're glad to hear you're loving Moondust itself. We’re actually working on new packaging that is a big improvement and we’d love to reach out to learn more about your experience to make sure our new design will be a better experience for future Moondust users (including you)! Team OWA
    I just gave my honest feedback about how I don't like the screw cap and that I'm afraid to squeeze the bottle lest it spills everywhere. They removed the Mini listing so that gives me hope that they fixed the design flaw. Surely the full size will follow

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Rose View Post
    Hi Neoma

I reviewed the mini about a month ago and received the following reply:

I just gave my honest feedback about how I don't like the screw cap and that I'm afraid to squeeze the bottle lest it spills everywhere. They removed the Mini listing so that gives me hope that they fixed the design flaw. Surely the full size will follow
    That's great, Laurel Rose! I'm so glad that they pulled the small bottles.

I haven't used the full size enough to know whether I will have the same problem as I did with the smaller bottle. (I'm trying to use most of the liquid shampoo up to declutter before I switch completely to Moondust.)

Length
    APL/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I received an email today stating that they are rebranding and releasing a new item on March 2nd. The formula is not changing. All orders made after this Friday will be pre-order only until the end of March. I happened to use it today before I got the email and was wondering about it because I seem to be running low.