View Poll Results: How long is your hair?

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pixie

8 2.83%
  • Shoulder

32 11.31%
  • APL

22 7.77%
  • BSL

41 14.49%
  • Waist

43 15.19%
  • Hip/Tailbone

70 24.73%
  • Classic

23 8.13%
  • Mid Thigh

15 5.30%
  • Knee

12 4.24%
  • Knee +

17 6.01%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2020 - What's Our Average Length?

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/57/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: 2020 - What's Our Average Length?

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post
    I'm classic! Goal fingertip.

I'm curious, have we ever done a survey like this for goal length? It would be interesting to compare sitewide current lengths with sitewide goal lengths.
    There is this poll https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=112953 but as people’s goals often changes over the years were you thinking of an annual goal length poll?

57in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Yeah, to annually track whether goals shift over time in addition to length.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139
    GOALS
    | S&D every week+ | Oil overnight twice a month+ | Measure inches every month | Reach FTL

Length
    12 in/57/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Would it make sense to run it at the same time as this annual poll or opposite in the year (to spread out the fun). Also, what would the categories be? The same as the goal poll I linked above or the same as this poll?

Anyone with thoughts chime in!

57in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Would it make sense to run it at the same time as this annual poll or opposite in the year (to spread out the fun). Also, what would the categories be? The same as the goal poll I linked above or the same as this poll?

Anyone with thoughts chime in!
    If we're trying to compare the two, using the same options would make sense. And even if not, I'm not sure what to make of "Terminal" as an option. I know it is a distinct goal, but if the idea is to see how the target length changes, the fact that its corresponding length is generally not known makes the comparison a bit moot. It's almost like we would need to have two polls! One for specific lengths, and one for general feelings -- "Terminal" could fit here, alongside "Longer than now", "It's already too long", "Any length is fine", who knows.

I have no preference for timing. Nor do I know how I would answer that poll, in fact. After the last major chop, the goal was to get it back to at least classic, same as for every other chop. And once I got there, I was and still am fairly indifferent about how long it gets, based more on if it bothers me than on goals.

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    12 in/57/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SparrowWings View Post
    If we're trying to compare the two, using the same options would make sense. And even if not, I'm not sure what to make of "Terminal" as an option. I know it is a distinct goal, but if the idea is to see how the target length changes, the fact that its corresponding length is generally not known makes the comparison a bit moot. It's almost like we would need to have two polls! One for specific lengths, and one for general feelings -- "Terminal" could fit here, alongside "Longer than now", "It's already too long", "Any length is fine", who knows.

I have no preference for timing. Nor do I know how I would answer that poll, in fact. After the last major chop, the goal was to get it back to at least classic, same as for every other chop. And once I got there, I was and still am fairly indifferent about how long it gets, based more on if it bothers me than on goals.
    It does seem that in order to SEE the data there would have to be multiple polls, as you say: what is your current goal, and has your goal changed. The results of each could be displayed side by side somewhere else.

Terminal is tricky because it is potentially different for each person and doesn't seem comparable to the specific lengths, but as someone with "terminal" as their goal I have always found it much more accurate than a specific length that I could not know before hand I had the ability to reach. I think it would be disingenuous to have people who's goal is literally terminal mark floor as their goal length as that is genetically less common. I could see having the terminally curious mark classic until they reach it and then mark the next milestone once they pass classic. My logic is that there is some evidence that classic is an average terminal length.

Here is an idea for a multi-choice poll:

1) My goal length has not changed
    2) My goal length is now longer
    3) My goal length is now shorter
    4) I did not participate in this poll in previous years

5) I have reached my goal length
    6) I am still growing toward my goal length
    7) I reached my previous goal and decided to go longer
    I reached my previous goal and decided to go shorter

The current annual poll for current length has the following options:

1. Pixie
    2. Shoulder
    3. APL
    4. BSL
    5. Waist
    6. Hip/Tailbone
    7. Classic
    8. Mid Thigh
    9. Knee
    10. Knee +

The existing ongoing poll for goal length has these options:

1. Shoulder
    2. BSL
    3. Lower Back
    4. Hip
    5. Tailbone
    6. Classic
    7. Finger tip
    8. Upper Half of leg (includes knee)
    9. Lower half of leg (to Floor)
    10. Terminal

57in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)

Length
    12 in/57/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

The current annual poll for current length has the following options:

1. Pixie
    2. Shoulder
    3. APL
    4. BSL
    5. Waist
    6. Hip/Tailbone
    7. Classic
    8. Mid Thigh
    9. Knee
    10. Knee +

The existing ongoing poll for goal length has these options:

1. Shoulder
    2. BSL
    3. Lower Back
    4. Hip
    5. Tailbone
    6. Classic
    7. Finger tip
    8. Upper Half of leg (includes knee)
    9. Lower half of leg (to Floor)
    10. Terminal
    OK, looking at those two lists, it would be a little odd for someone's goal length on this form to be "pixie", so perhaps substitute pixie with terminal on a goal length list?

57in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Still at mid-thigh; I haven't felt the need to do any cutting back this year.

Length
    18.5"/22/waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm just a touch shy of APL!

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

OK, looking at those two lists, it would be a little odd for someone's goal length on this form to be "pixie", so perhaps substitute pixie with terminal on a goal length list?
    That makes sense to me!
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139
    GOALS
    | S&D every week+ | Oil overnight twice a month+ | Measure inches every month | Reach FTL

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Just registered my vote once again for hip/tailbone - I've lost track of how many years I've voted but I'm maintaining indefinitely at tailbone so however many years it's been it remains the same
    ▪daily washing▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the scalp▪combing from the top down▪hair worn down and loose▪