Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: List your hair goals for 2021!

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: List your hair goals for 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    1. learn protective styles and use them most of the time
    2. get to BSL, which should be possible considering I'm at 16.5" now and with a normal growth rate means I should be at 22.5" by this time next year, and BSL on me is ~20-21" depending on the bra.
    3. experiment with natural herbs and products to figure out what works for me, then establish a routine
    4. get some hair toys
    1. Doing okay- I've learnt the styles and use them regularly, but I still wear my hair down or in a messy scrunchie bun too much.
    2. I will definitely achieve this one soon!! I think I'll officially call BSL/MBL by the end of September or October.
    3. I have the herbs but honestly they are a pain in the butt and I am lazy 🙃 I don't wash nearly enough to make a batch for the week so... I tried! I still use them for masks and such semi-often. Henna was also a bust. I am bailing on this goal.
    4. Accomplished- thanks swap board!

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    I think I'm going to review one of my goals, according to my growth chart I'll reach bsl by Jul-21 and WL by Feb-22 so I think it wouldn't be too far fechet to aim for WL by the end of 2021 given that I'm not planning to trim at all
    So my new goals are:

• No trimming for the whole year.
    • Reach WL
    • S&D as needed.
    • Learn at least 4 new go-to updos.
    • Wear My hair up 90% of the year
    • Take monthly pictures
    Time for my check in.
    • No trimming for the whole year.
      Doing good on this one so far, but oh man I'm starting to get the urges to cut after almost 3 years
    • Reach WL
      On my way to this, already passed BSL and WL is 7cm away. I hope I can make it before the end of the year
    • S&D as needed.
      Yup, mostly single strand nods
    • Learn at least 4 new go-to updos.
      I need to catch up on this one. I started using the LWB and the disc bun from time to time but I wouldn't consider those go-to updor
    • Wear My hair up 90% of the year
      I wore my hair down most of june but I still consider myself on track for this
    • Take monthly pictures
      The only one I've been following religiously

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Length
    27.5"/34Ē/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    I don't have a ton of lofty goals as I'll have a newborn in March lol. Just getting through the year in one piece will be enough for me.

1. Going for no trim 2021-- I'm joining the half year challenges to leave open the possibility of needing to trim due to evening up whatever happens with my postpartum shed, but as I've just done a trim and my ends are reasonable, I think just S&D will be enough for the year.
    2. Take better hair pics-- my spouse is fine with doing my quarterly length shots (I just don't have it in me to do monthly lol) but I'd like to have more and better shots of the different styles I wear throughout the week.
    3. I think I'll be able to make it to true tailbone by the end of the year! That would be awesome and longer than it's ever been.
    4. Find a routine that works for my longer length-- I have been trying a lot of different things in the past few months to combat some shower tangles and general routine issues, so it would be nice to settle on a simple routine I can maintain while growing.
    1. On track for no trim for the full year of 2021, itís been fairly easy as expected. I never have the urge to cut tbqh.

2. This I havenít done for personal life reasons

3. Iíll definitely be at tailbone by the holidays!

4. Kinda I guess? My scalp has been gradually pickier and pickier over the past year and I definitely wash more often than Iíd like because my scalp gets itchy and sore. Thatís my whole routine at the moment. Iíd like to get back to doing a deep condition every other wash day or so, but I havenít had a chance to work that back into my schedule.
    HL now, current goal is Classic
    Weekly wash alternating SLES with sulfate-free, bbb enthusiast, sealing all the moisture in with *gasp!* baby oil! No trimming 2021 (first half)

Length
    Ear/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Get it mid-back length
    Get it looking healthy and not dry
    don't lose any length

Length
    17.5/22/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

My hair goal for 2021 was to get my hair back to the length it was before I cut it, but with a nicer hemline.

So far, so good. My hair was like an inch below most bra straps and I'm touching the top or middle of most now with four months of growth left. I think I can do it!

Length
    TBL/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I recently started taking medicine that causes hair loss, so my only goal is not to loose hair, since it's already fine :/

Length
    Bald/Shorn/Epic

All my hair plans went out the window, my goal now is to ignore that I have hair

Length
    ?/36.5/42.5
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BexLocks View Post
    1. No trimming 2021, although I am considering an end of 2020 trim to make the hemline a little more robust before I start.
    2. Reach TBL. I think this is possible, although I don't know really how fast my hair grows since I've only been measuring for a couple of months.
    3. Sort out my care routine so that both my hair and scalp are happy. Hair not dry and brittle - scalp not itchy. The changes I've made since August have already given amazing results. I can't wait to see what can happen with a year of good care!
    Checking in.
    1. On target. The ends are getting a little wispy, and I'll be glad for a trim at the end of the year.
    2. Getting very close now. I think this is definitely going to happen.
    3. Started doing more of the curly girl method and am very happy with the results. Scalp still gets itchy after a couple of days, but much better overall!

Length
    CBL/BSL/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

1.Reach solid waist
    2. Maintain to trim out some overgrown layers
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    13/32/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KokoroDragon View Post
    I think I'll start a hair journal for 2021. I didn't realize how often I'd want to look back at the last few months of hair when I started growing!

I'm also going to try wearing it up/back more often. I like having my hair loose, but I don't want to cause unnecessary damage.

As for length...I think I'll hit BSL by the end of 2020. I'm shooting for waist in 2021.
    Well, the hair journal still hasn't happened but at this point I'm basically doing benign neglect so I don't really care.

I have been wearing it in braids and buns semi-frequently, though still down a bit more that I probably should.

And I already passed waist, I think I'm going to reach hip by the end of the year!