Thread: Vitamin C rinse and remnants of henna

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Question Vitamin C rinse and remnants of henna

Hello!

I managed to pull a good degree of the henna from my hair last year with the help of people on here. Since then, I have put some semis over which have since faded. here is a look at my color directly post henna vs now to give an idea of how much might still be in there. For full disclosure my hair was bleached prior to henna so some of the warmer remaining tones could be due to the bleach.

To me it looks like most it was actually removed but my hair still flashes a bit orange in the sun and the section that had henna tends to look different colors in different light so I'm sure there is still some there.

I plan to do a vitamin C rinse to help with hard water build up (allergies make a chelating shampoo difficult).

I'm curious what I can expect to happen to whatever remaining henna I have on my hair. Is it temporarily going to brighten as henna is known to do?

I just want to know what to expect so I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by jane_marie; October 12th, 2020 at 06:57 AM.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Vitamin C rinse and remnants of henna

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Hello!

I managed to pull a good degree of the henna from my hair last year with the help of people on here. Since then, I have put some semis over which have since faded. here is a look at my color directly post henna vs now to give an idea of how much might still be in there. For full disclosure my hair was bleached prior to henna so some of the warmer remaining tones could be due to the bleach.

To me it looks like most it was actually removed but my hair still flashes a bit orange in the sun and the section that had henna tends to look different colors in different light so I'm sure there is still some there.

I plan to do a vitamin C rinse to help with hard water build up (allergies make a chelating shampoo difficult).

I'm curious what I can expect to happen to whatever remaining henna I have on my hair. Is it temporarily going to brighten as henna is known to do?

I just want to know what to expect so I'm not surprised.
    I am on the fence right now of what to do with my hair. Iím thinking of doing the vitamin c rinses And oil pulling for a while. My natural hair is dirty blonde:/ eek. This gives me hope though.
    EAR-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL