Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sock Swap?

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Sock Swap?

$25 per pair? Are socks really that expensive? Admittedly I haven't bought any socks other than regular athletic ones in years.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    Chin/Class/Knee
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Itís pretty dependent on materials. My husband wears wool socks, and $25/pair is about the price point for them. My favorites are tencel/wool blend, and they run about $15/pair.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    No trim 2020

Length
    sl/mbl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

I'm good with a December deadline, 2 pair, and max of $25/pair. I will be having the shop mail direct as Japan is still restricting so much mail from going out (but mail can come in just fine...) I should also be able to send a note/card from here, although depending on the country, it may be boat mail (yes, Australia is still only boat mail, as is Ireland...).
    -ladycaladium

so far from tailbone!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    So, from now until the end of December for the sock swap with 2 pairs of socks? Say no more than $25 per pair?

I think it's a little to expensive... I understand you want have money for choosing something really nice, but I can promise you - people from many countries (especial all East Europa) don't come, because... for 50 dollars (25 per pair x 2 pairs) they can live for week .

Length
    sl/mbl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai View Post
    I think it's a little to expensive... I understand you want have money for choosing something really nice, but I can promise you - people from many countries (especial all East Europa) don't come, because... for 50 dollars (25 per pair x 2 pairs) they can live for week .
    I think that is the maximum per pair, so spending less should be okay (if I'm reading it correctly)
    -ladycaladium

so far from tailbone!

Length
    13/31/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I might be interested. I definitely won't mind receiving $2 socks if they're nice feeling or have cute patterns. How about we set $25 US max? That way if people are sending really nice socks they can just do one pair. Or two pairs of regular socks. Or a whole bunch of budget socks that are cute. My dream is that someone will send me home knitted socks. Never tried those.

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ladycaladium View Post
    I think that is the maximum per pair, so spending less should be okay (if I'm reading it correctly)
    Yes. There's absolutely no requirement to spend $25 per pair! I based the high limit on the price of over the thigh socks on Sockdreams. I know it's high but I don't really expect anyone to spend that much.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ladycaladium View Post
    Yes. There's absolutely no requirement to spend $25 per pair! I based the high limit on the price of over the thigh socks on Sockdreams. I know it's high but I don't really expect anyone to spend that much.

I might be interested. I definitely won't mind receiving $2 socks if they're nice feeling or have cute patterns. How about we set $25 US max? That way if people are sending really nice socks they can just do one pair. Or two pairs of regular socks. Or a whole bunch of budget socks that are cute. My dream is that someone will send me home knitted socks. Never tried those.
    Maybe I didn't phrase things well. I said no more than $25 per pair aka $25 max.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

$25 is pretty much just the price of interesting socks here. My wool socks are often more! (They do have a lifetime guarantee though, so there is that)

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    This makes sense after I checked out that site. There's quite a variety of lengths and materials and whatnot and I guess that would be the case pretty much anywhere.

I used to wear all kinds of fun socks and I never do anymore!
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com