Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: October 2020: Gibson Braids

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: October 2020: Gibson Braids

This is not an epic-fail at all, it is in fact, a lovely up-do. Your hair looks so pretty like this sipnsun.

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

Length
    17/31/long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    This is not an epic-fail at all, it is in fact, a lovely up-do. Your hair looks so pretty like this sipnsun.
    Thank you so much! It stayed in place very well which is always a plus. I only took it down a few minutes ago to try another bun which was an epic fail lol! I'm trying to branch out from the LWB and cinnabun!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL
    No trim challenge 2021

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: October 2020: Gibson Braids

You are welcome, sipnsun.

I am waiting for the day when I will be able to participate in the Hairstyle of the Month. I can do a topsy-tail, though!

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

Length
    17/31/long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    You are welcome, sipnsun.

I am waiting for the day when I will be able to participate in the Hairstyle of the Month. I can do a topsy-tail, though!
    I had never done a braided topsy and it looked good just hanging down my back too! Hopefully it won't be long before you can experiment, I'm just now getting there and it's been fun!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL
    No trim challenge 2021

Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Here is the tool used, and this is how you use it.

I like the soft look of a Gibson tuck, but I'm not sure how this will work with quite long hair and substituting crochet chains for the braid. I'll try tomorrow.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I think it's lovely sipnsun!

I tried to modify this for shorter thicker hair by doing two french braid but it didn't work

Here's a photo of that just for funsies.

So, I tried again with twin english braids centered at the back of my neck. I like it. It's comfortable and it works well with my new(ish) Church Street and Love fork.

ETA: For the first topsy on each side I did the left braid on the right side and the right braid on the left side. That way, I could join the two mounds together. with the fork.
    Last edited by jane_marie; October 5th, 2020 at 10:49 AM.

Length
    21/48/knee?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

These are fun! I'll have to try some more variants this month! I think I usually do twin french twist on the sides of my head, rather than a topsied ponytail. I think it looks better on me.
    Here's a photo from earlier this summer, I will have to try and recreate it in honour of the month:

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Lovely everyone!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    APL/HL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I think it's lovely sipnsun!

I tried to modify this for shorter thicker hair by doing two french braid but it didn't work

Here's a photo of that just for funsies.

So, I tried again with twin english braids centered at the back of my neck. I like it. It's comfortable and it works well with my new(ish) Church Street and Love fork.

ETA: For the first topsy on each side I did the left braid on the right side and the right braid on the left side. That way, I could join the two mounds together. with the fork.
    This looks so beautiful! Thanks for the description, too. I’m going to try that for sure.

And the French braids that “didn’t work” look funkyfunmessy to me, so perhaps though it wasn’t the look you were trying for, I think it still “works”!

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Everyone's styles look really good!

I had some time today. So my first attempt was more like looped braids, not exactly the effect I was going for.

The second attempt. I tied three braids together at the ends with this long scarf thing, rolled it up, and tied the scarf in the front. I actually really like how it came out except that I couldn't get the front to look quite right.

Third and final attempt. I clipped the braids together at the ends with a barrette, rolled them up, and pinned it. It looked good, but it hurt. I need a better method of securing.
    Last edited by AmaryllisRed; October 6th, 2020 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Adding all the gosh darn pictures
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com