Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henndigo appliation cause breakage?

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Re: Henndigo appliation cause breakage?

Quote Originally Posted by LillyBlossom View Post
    So I think you girls were right!

I did my hair yesterday, wrapped it and no breakage. But..... Red tones all through my hair, its like a really really red brown, it always went a natural brown colour with my previous method. Same mix, same water ratio, the only thing different is I wrapped it.

I mean its not terrible but it really doesn't work for my skin tone at all

Any ideas? It thought about adding more indigo but I don't want it to go any darker than it is now
    Give it a chance to oxidise. Henna can take 3 days or so to settle down. When I do my roots they're BRIGHT ORANGE - like "beacon visible from space" orange - for the first couple of days before settling down into a more natural ginger.

I'm not sure why wrapping it to keep it wet would affect the colour pre-oxidation, but definitely wait until it's oxidised before making any decisions.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Quote Originally Posted by florenonite View Post
    Give it a chance to oxidise. Henna can take 3 days or so to settle down. When I do my roots they're BRIGHT ORANGE - like "beacon visible from space" orange - for the first couple of days before settling down into a more natural ginger.

I'm not sure why wrapping it to keep it wet would affect the colour pre-oxidation, but definitely wait until it's oxidised before making any decisions.
    I bet it was the heat that was trapped on the head while covered that caused the orange tone. That’s my guess!

Length
    CBL/MBL/Waist

Quote Originally Posted by florenonite View Post

Thank you, hopefully it calms down over the next few days, when I do it without wrapping its almost a blue green for the first few days until I wash it, I was surprised to see it so warm this time. I'm washing it tomorrow so I'll see what it looks like after that.

Length
    CBL/MBL/Waist

So I washed it and it has calmed down a fair bit but its really really brassy, hoping it looks better tomorrow, because I can't rock this look

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Do you acidify it with lemon or amla? Do you mix the henna with water or with something else like milk or yogurt?

Length
    CBL/MBL/Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Fimu View Post
    Do you acidify it with lemon or amla? Do you mix the henna with water or with something else like milk or yogurt?
    Its a premix, the ingredient list goes, Cassia, Indigo, Henna (in that order)

The instructions are mix with warm tap water, apply, leave for 1.5 hours rince, done. I've always loved the colour it gives but now since this breakage issue and wrapping my head while its processing its just going to red for me. Don't really know what to do