Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goody side claw hair clip

Length
    apl/bsl/mbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Goody side claw hair clip

Hello all

i have tried a lot of hair accessories recently and have found that the Goody side hair claw clip is the only thing that keeps my APL hair securely in french twist all day - without having to readjust or use many annoying smaller clips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only problem is that they are cheaply made - they look it and they break SO easily - I honestly don’t know how they break as I don’t drop or mishandle them.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a similar style clip that is better made? I have been looking but haven’t found anything.

thanks for your help!

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Goody side claw hair clip

Would anything like these work for you?

One

Two

I have some of these clips and have found them pretty nice and comfortable, although my hair is still a little too short for a good French twist I have been using them for weird little bird nest "buns" and they hold secure with little to no adjusting throughout the day. I have yet to break one.

Length
    apl/bsl/mbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SelenVinland View Post
    Would anything like these work for you?

One

Two

I have some of these clips and have found them pretty nice and comfortable, although my hair is still a little too short for a good French twist I have been using them for weird little bird nest "buns" and they hold secure with little to no adjusting throughout the day. I have yet to break one.
    number one seems like a good option - thank you - I’ll give it a try!

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I mean, I get that Goody are plastic and a bit cheaply made, but I've had my goody claw clips for years, and at least one or two are 10 years old, and they're still fine. I generally only replace them if I lose them. You might be looking for a problem where none exists.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    I mean, I get that Goody are plastic and a bit cheaply made, but I've had my goody claw clips for years, and at least one or two are 10 years old, and they're still fine. I generally only replace them if I lose them. You might be looking for a problem where none exists.
    I agree. And I'm a superklutz, but they've held up.

I do also have several France Luxe that are pretty near indestructible but you do pay for that. Worth it.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

There is nothing wrong with the Goody brand. I use cheap claw clips too. In my experience the more expensive ones aren't better. And yes sticks are generally better, but it's not the end of the world to keep shorter hair up!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh I bought one of those (Goody brand) clip before. It broke before I even put it on. The problem is the plastic in these claws are too brittle for the strength of the springs (not that they're strong). Closing action snaps the claws just by the spring itself. If you want one more durable you'd have to choose hairclips made with stronger material, like those made in France ones with cellulose acetate or metal (Ficcare or fakkare).

I still use plastic claws occasionally but don't expect them to endure. And I'm very very careful when closing the clips. Close them softly and never just let go.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I don’t have any experience with this specific clip, but I can say that just from the pic they look much more flimsy than the regular claw clips I have used for ages and are reasonably hardy. Maybe because they are not symmetrical? Idk. I prefer the ones that are lined with silicone so they stay put. I usually buy Scunci brand but I think Goody makes them as well.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    apl/bsl/mbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    Oh I bought one of those (Goody brand) clip before. It broke before I even put it on. The problem is the plastic in these claws are too brittle for the strength of the springs (not that they're strong). Closing action snaps the claws just by the spring itself. If you want one more durable you'd have to choose hairclips made with stronger material, like those made in France ones with cellulose acetate or metal (Ficcare or fakkare).

I still use plastic claws occasionally but don't expect them to endure. And I'm very very careful when closing the clips. Close them softly and never just let go.
    yes, they keep breaking on me too and I am so careful! Unfortunately, I’ve tried so many other barrettes, clips and pins these are the only ones that are holding my hair - so frustrating ! If you could post a link to a similar style from a more durable brand, I’d appreciate it!!!

Length
    apl/bsl/mbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    I don’t have any experience with this specific clip, but I can say that just from the pic they look much more flimsy than the regular claw clips I have used for ages and are reasonably hardy. Maybe because they are not symmetrical? Idk. I prefer the ones that are lined with silicone so they stay put. I usually buy Scunci brand but I think Goody makes them as well.
    yes - they are ridiculously flimsy but do such a good job before they break! If you could post a link to a similar style from a better brand that would be so helpful. I can’t find the same style anywhere else!