Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neem oil for hair growth?

Length
    21/21/32
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Neem oil for hair growth?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so apologies if not, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience or success with neem oil for growing their hair? My mum's friend's son swears that it helped him grow back a bald patch on his beard, but I'm a bit reluctant to try it out! Also heard that it smells absolutely godawful, but I think it might be worth it if it helps encourage growth

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Neem oil for hair growth?

It does have a very unique (pretty bad lol) smell but I love Neem oil. I use it in my homemade facial serum and hair oil blend. I don't know if it grows hair hair faster, but I've read that is helps combat wrinkles, will moisturize skin and scalp and aid in collagen turnover so it's a winner in my book! Overall, I don't think you can go wrong using Neem oil.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I think the only way neem oil helps hair growth is that it kills bacteria and fungus which is a huge problem for many. I personally would rather use essential oils for this like peppermint , tea tree oil , lavender and / or rosemary mixed with an anti fungal carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil because neem oil STINKS BAD. It smells like a mixture of old smelly socks and rotting peanuts. Even if it did work well, I’m not wanting hair growth badly enough to use it. Lol

Length
    21/21/32
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    It does have a very unique (pretty bad lol) smell but I love Neem oil. I use it in my homemade facial serum and hair oil blend. I don't know if it grows hair hair faster, but I've read that is helps combat wrinkles, will moisturize skin and scalp and aid in collagen turnover so it's a winner in my book! Overall, I don't think you can go wrong using Neem oil.
    I hadn't heard about how it helps with collagen turnover, that's really interesting! Do you find that the smell of it lingers when you use it, or does your oil blend help to mask the scent? I'm worried about it lingering if I put it in my hair lol. I'm definitely more intrigued with it now that you've mentioned the skincare properties haha, for sure need to do some googling about that!

Length
    21/21/32
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    I think the only way neem oil helps hair growth is that it kills bacteria and fungus which is a huge problem for many. I personally would rather use essential oils for this like peppermint , tea tree oil , lavender and / or rosemary mixed with an anti fungal carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil because neem oil STINKS BAD. It smells like a mixture of old smelly socks and rotting peanuts. Even if it did work well, I’m not wanting hair growth badly enough to use it. Lol
    Old smelly socks and rotting peanuts hahaha oh noooooo!! I've heard that it smells bad, but never heard anyone describe it like that lol. I think I'd rather go with something like peppermint for the scent, but I can get neem oil for a loooot cheaper where I live so I'm definitely going to have to weigh the pros and cons. At this point I'm desperate enough for my hair to grow to risk the smell

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lerryn View Post
    Old smelly socks and rotting peanuts hahaha oh noooooo!! I've heard that it smells bad, but never heard anyone describe it like that lol. I think I'd rather go with something like peppermint for the scent, but I can get neem oil for a loooot cheaper where I live so I'm definitely going to have to weigh the pros and cons. At this point I'm desperate enough for my hair to grow to risk the smell
    I bet once you smell this you will think differently.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I think it smells like rotten onions and garlic. I have some on my head right now and its actually keeping me awake.

I'll have to wash as soon as I can and also change my pillow case.
    This bottle must be stronger then the last, the scent never bothered me this much before.

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

May I offer MY take on this?...
    Burning tires, with a top note of rancid peanut butter!

This all reminds me of The Bog of Eternal Stench in Labyrinth

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Sounds pretty terrible!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR