Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Does this style have a name?" thread

Length
    0"/WL?/?
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default The "Does this style have a name?" thread

Hello! I've been putting together an index of different styles I can do but I'm running into trouble knowing what to label them.

Although not everyone is composing a style index for themselves I thought it might be useful if we had a thread where people can show a hairstyle that they would like to do or did and others can help them find the LHC name for the style (if one exists). That way those that are learning can find tutorials and improve.

Please feel free to add any new styles you see or figure out to the thread. ❤

Here is a link to the LHC Hairstyle Thesaurus. If you don't know what a style is checking through the that link can be incredibly helpful!
    Last edited by jane_marie; September 16th, 2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: LHC Hairstyle Thesaurus Link

Length
    0"/WL?/?
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: The "Does this style have a name?" thread

Here is a style I have been playing with on and off recently.

It's sort of like Frida Kahlo braids but reversed.

How to: Brush hair well and separate it into two pigtails (one just behind each ear) using claw clips. Place the scarf so the center of the length is at the center top of the head and the tails are hanging to either side. Bring the end of each side under the section and to the opposite side so that the the left scarf tail is on the right side and the right on is on the left. Remove the claw clips and sub divide the each pigtail into two sections. Use the scarf end placed on that side as the center strand of that side's braid. Tie off each pigtail. When both pigtails are done crosse them over one another at the back of the head. Tie the scarf at the front of the head. Ends can be tucked, made into a bow or covered with decoration. Hair ends and pokies can easily be zhuzhed up under the scarf.
    Last edited by jane_marie; September 16th, 2020 at 10:01 AM.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

That’s really useful jane_marie. Your reversed frida looks lovely. I can actually do a frida! Though I looked at the braids part 1 link and wanted to cry.. so many I know I will never achieve. Like 99% of them!

Length
    0"/WL?/?
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    That’s really useful jane_marie. Your reversed frida looks lovely. I can actually do a frida! Though I looked at the braids part 1 link and wanted to cry.. so many I know I will never achieve. Like 99% of them!
    Hopefully it can be a useful thread.

Thanks for the compliment. I bet you could do these too they are super fast and easy... even if I did do a crap job explaining them.

The braids index is super intimidating! Thinking about how long it will take before I can do a simple rope braid gets me every time (so many layers to grow out).

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Your reversed Frida braids look really cool, jane_marie! I wish I could do them.
    Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0"/WL?/?
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HaMalka View Post
    Your reversed Frida braids look really cool, jane_marie! I wish I could do them.
    Thanks! I bet you could do them but just wrap all that lovely length around like a coronate braid and if there is any still left over you could do little loops hanging down or something.

Your hair is so freaking lovely! I hope someday I can get mine grown out like yours.
    Last edited by jane_marie; September 16th, 2020 at 03:07 PM.

Length
    bob/calf/ankle
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Wow that's a really beautiful hairstyle jane_marie!
    I'm going to try it when I'm in a good mood
    LOL I have moodpoisoning today

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    APL/BSL/Clsc?

Moodpoisoning... I like the descriptor.
    And yes Jane Marie, this is a great idea and your braid looks amazing.

Finally figured out a natural hair routine that works for me! Looking forward to seeing how long it can grow while staying healthy and happy

Length
    Buzz/Neck/Long
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Oh man, I have a style that belongs in this thread! I just call it the "twist and clip" because that's how you do it.
    You gather your hair into a ponytail, twist it upward, and clip the "ponytail" part vertically on your head.

I have several examples, including a half-up version. I love this style for a quick and easy updo especially around shoulder length. My wife and I both had hair shorter than SL in these 3 examples though:

I wanted more example photos, particularly on somewhat longer hair so I asked my wife to let me use her as a hair model.
    Her hair is collarbone length with some layers from growing out a buzz cut with only one big trim, much like mine before I had all my layers cut off.
    Her hair is also very thick and very slippery, this style turns out neater looking on thinner SL hair with less or no layers. I think it's cute regardless.
    (Sorry for the horrid image quality, my phone doesn't like fidgety subjects lol.)

Buzzed ~ Pixie ~ Mid-ear Bob ~ Chin ~ (Mid-neck) ~ SL ~ APL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic
    Bottom-of-neck by December 2020? Shoulder by February 2021? Collarbone by May 2021?

><> Art Blog <><

Length
    0"/WL?/?
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    Oh man, I have a style that belongs in this thread! I just call it the "twist and clip" because that's how you do it.
    You gather your hair into a ponytail, twist it upward, and clip the "ponytail" part vertically on your head.

I have several examples, including a half-up version. I love this style for a quick and easy updo especially around shoulder length. My wife and I both had hair shorter than SL in these 3 examples though:

I wanted more example photos, particularly on somewhat longer hair so I asked my wife to let me use her as a hair model.
    Her hair is collarbone length with some layers from growing out a buzz cut with only one big trim, much like mine before I had all my layers cut off.
    Her hair is also very thick and very slippery, this style turns out neater looking on thinner SL hair with less or no layers. I think it's cute regardless.
    (Sorry for the horrid image quality, my phone doesn't like fidgety subjects lol.)

Hey Oxalis! I think that's called a peacock twist!