Thread: Suave Essentials conditioner-- anyone tried the new formulation?

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Suave Essentials conditioner-- anyone tried the new formulation?

I heard that Suave Essentials recently reformulated their conditioners and I'm wondering if anyone has tried them for cowashing or conditioning? They are still silicone-free, and I found two different ingredients lists online for my favorite scent, Everlasting Sunshine. The first one is from the Suave website, but I'm almost positive it's the old ingredients, as I bought the new one for someone once and remember seeing Pearl Extract listed on the bottle.

Old ingredients:
    Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Polysorbate 20, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200).

Reformulated ingredients:
    Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pearl Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Passiflora Laurifolia Flower Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Passiflora Quadrangularis Flower Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200).

The biggest difference seems to be replacing Cetyl Alcohol with Cetearyl Alcohol, and then further down the list, the addition of the Pearl Extract and Corn Silk Extract. Pearl Extract I couldn't find too much info on, it might have some amino acids or it might just be for shine. Corn Silk Extract is not a protein ingredient, but rather a humectant.

Anyway, anyone have any opinions to share?
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Default Re: Suave Essentials conditioner-- anyone tried the new formulation?

I'm not sure which conditioning alcohol my hair likes better but the removal of olive oil isn't beneficial for me. I like products with oils in them. I never noticed it was there, though. I'm not loyal to any particular brand or type, fortunately. I look for some kind of oil or butter and I'm good.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Yeah that was so far down the list it didn’t seem like it would do much. I mostly used this for cowashing so if I wanted to use it for deep conditioning, I’d probably add an oil to it anyway. It seemed pretty light and I was surprised when scouring the ingredients this evening that there had been an oil in it at all.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

A couple of years ago they upped the fragrance and marked the bottles 24 hour fragrance, which made it like dumping a bottle of perfume on my head. I literally had to wash my hair twice after using it to try to get the smell out it was so strong. Even my husband who can’t smell much of anything thought it reeked. Haven’t used any since, unfortunately. it was a favorite.
    Last edited by Lavenderhaze; November 17th, 2023 at 11:33 PM.