Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long(ish) and uncoloured hair for the first time since the 1990s

Length
    15/24/28
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Long(ish) and uncoloured hair for the first time since the 1990s

Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a while now. Your community seems so friendly and inspiring. Thank you for that! I have always loved long hair on both men and women, but I was invariably told that my hair looks better chin- to shoulder-length. So I kept cutting it back. Until last summer. It has been growing ever since (with little trims) and I love the look and feel of it. My hair seems thicker and a lot less frizzy. Four months ago, I took the resolution not to cut it anymore in the foreseeable future. Aiming for midback until my 50th birthday. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the journey... and the summer breeze in my hair.

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Long(ish) and uncoloured hair for the first time since the 1990s

Well, hello there and welcome! You tell a very familiar story and I’m happy that you broke free to wear your hair as you chose! Probably you will love growing your hair and will never look back. You will get lots of help and support here!

Length
    15/24/28
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    Well, hello there and welcome! You tell a very familiar story and I’m happy that you broke free to wear your hair as you chose! Probably you will love growing your hair and will never look back. You will get lots of help and support here!
    Thank you for the welcome! I indeed love growing it, and yes, I will probably not go back to a shorter style. I find the many wonderful hair styles on this forum very inspiring, all the braids and updos. I'm still at the "messy bun"-stage (a style I really like, to be honest), but I want to learn to do a braid and twirl it up. It will updoubtedly give me some muscles in my forearms, too. LOL

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the journey!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here, we are a friendly lot
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!

Length
    APL/42/here!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    Thank you for the welcome! I indeed love growing it, and yes, I will probably not go back to a shorter style. I find the many wonderful hair styles on this forum very inspiring, all the braids and updos. I'm still at the "messy bun"-stage (a style I really like, to be honest), but I want to learn to do a braid and twirl it up. It will updoubtedly give me some muscles in my forearms, too. LOL
    Yes, that it will! It’s a nice side effect

Welcome!

Cat Lady, Yarn Maker, Trail Seeker

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Welcome! 🤗