Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long(ish) and uncoloured hair for the first time since the 1990s

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Long(ish) and uncoloured hair for the first time since the 1990s

I wanted long hair pretty much all my life, but I was impulsive and kept getting short styles, growing to around armpit length, then getting another short style. I didn't attain the patience to leave it alone and let it grow until my mid-40s. I've grown out to bottom of my bottom/top of my thighs, cut back to collarbone because I needed a change, now growing again. It's never too late. Enjoy!

Length
    BSL/HL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Welcome!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you!

Hi welcome! I need to learn some more braiding styles, you’ve reminded me!

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    I was invariably told that my hair looks better chin- to shoulder-length
    People are lame; long hair is awesome. You'll find many inspiring heads here!
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    20/22ish/40
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Welcome!! I relate a bit, I haven't seen my natural hair color since 2008 when I was in middle school lol! And this will also be my first time growing my hair out long.

Length
    10/23+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post
    Welcome!

People are lame; long hair is awesome. You'll find many inspiring heads here!
    Elise is sooo right on this statement. While having a real roller coaster ride, and I wasn't planning on interacting with people 'in person', I ventured into a Maker's Market(basically a semi-socially distanced collection of covered outdoor tables selling home made goods in my own little town. I wasn't wearing any headgear(i.e. hat, bandanna, head band), and being in the middle of the growing out phase where I can't even put it all in a ponytail, I imagine that with a bit of flyaway greyish hair, face mask, and being a 6'2 large presence guy....that maybe a number of the (mostly) lady vendors could have been a bit intimidated, for lack of a better word. so, out of about 25 vendors, only 1(well...a second lady selling fake nails, and me not really looking for those...lol) of the vendors even said hi to me. However, since this person took the time,etc...I did stop, and she had some products that interested me a little. I left with a jar of Sandalwood 'beard prep', that she had given a sample of to me, and it might be a good leave in product to tame the flyaways. after going the length of the market, I decided to go back to her and let her know that her salesmanship(i.e. even just saying hi when noone else did) made me mostly predisposed to reward her with a sale. I think she was appreciative of my notice of that.

also was just at a yard sale a bit ago, which was a fundraiser for a Feral Cat shelter. While they had no items I was really interested in, I had planned to just make a donation, since I have worked no-kill shelters before. However, as noone else was there at the time, and she and I walked right past each other, I simply offered a 'Hi' to her, and expected her to engage me at least minimally and I would have donated and left. However....not a word was offered in reply, and even though I walked around a bit more and made myself available for her to venture something....between her glancing at me when I wasn't nearby, and outright ignoring of me when I was walking by on my way out...made me at least think she wasn't comfortable with my presence and simply wished me gone. I provided that service for her.

I may have been wrong assuming what I did about the interaction, but simply think it would be sad if my appearance(which was otherwise quite acceptable) made her not want to engage me at all.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    APL/WL/CL

Welcome! I'm also new and happy to be a part of the community