Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there any possibility that alcohol could make your hair grow faster?

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Is there any possibility that alcohol could make your hair grow faster?

Well, I really do hope it doesn't make hair grow faster, because I quitted alcohol I don't even remember when... 12+ years ago I think. And if I must choose, I'll stuck with shorter hair then, lol.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Is there any possibility that alcohol could make your hair grow faster?

You've mentioned weight loss, but I wonder, have you done bloodwork on iron, B12, thyroid, etc?

Another explanation I could think of is that alcohol gave an extra blood flow boost to your scalp?

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It's probably possible but it sounds a bit weird to me. If anything drinking a lot of alcohol should slow it down due to stress on the body. Maybe you're consuming less calories now?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Thank you for this! As soon as you mentioned B vitamins I realized that I haven't been coating nearly as much stuff in nutritional yeast lately. I wonder if that has something to do with it as well.

ETA - Maybe it's due to dehydration. I don't drink water because I hate buying plastic bottles and I live in a very old house with extremely hard water. It's gross. I still drink the same amount of non-alcohol fluids as before. Maybe I need to have more herbal tea (herbal tea disguises my water lol).
    You could get a pitcher filter for drinking water. That's what husband and I use for ourselves and our pets. We have the pur brand that removes the most contaminants.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

We use a filter too... Zero water is awesome!! It removes everything to 0PPM total dissolved solids! I think it could make sense that fewer calories consumed equals decreased hair growth... and I *thought* alcohol decreased available B vitamins... that’s why those “hangover cure” pills are really just mega doses of B vitamins

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I wonder if the vasodilation has anything to do with it. In which case, maybe a nice hot sauna can have the same effect?

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Alcohol typically inhibits pretty much everything. From muscle growth, fat loss, and a lot of other metabolic functions. Alcohol makes your liver work pretty hard in order to process it. By extension, hair growth can be effected. I’m pretty sure other things you were doing, were allowing you to see increased hair growth. Eating less, also impacts hair growth. I won’t say weight loss inhibits hair growth because weight loss and fat loss are different. Weight loss can be muscle loss and fat loss. One of which you actually want to hang onto as much as possible. Muscle mass, how much of it you have at least, really impacts basal metabolic rates. Your metabolism also greatly impacts your growth rate.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

I'd have hair to the front door if that were the case.

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I'd have hair to the front door if that were the case.
    Lol, same.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    Lol, same.
    Ends up I have just mixed up my hair photos/lengths. I figured it out. I'm still averaging the same I just forgot to label last months image. silly mistake.