Thread: Found an interesting article

Length
    10/BCL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Default Found an interesting article

I found this article and figured that this might be of interest to others in this community. Apparently, scientists have discovered that what a person eats affects their hair.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/sci-te...inds-1.5049697

Length
    15/16/38
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Found an interesting article

Interesting!

I was a little worried that it was going to be something about food choices and rate of growth... adding another layer to consider to this hair growing journey. I'm happy its not, I already have enough to consider

Apparently its also possible to detect drugs in hair strands too: https://travelvaccines.com.au/hair-f...l-testing.html

Its possible to have a lot of different things lurking around in our strands!

Edit: fixed the broken link
    Last edited by Kathie; August 5th, 2020 at 03:45 PM.

Length
    Buzz/22/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post

I was a little worried that it was going to be something about food choices and rate of growth...
    adding another layer to consider to this hair growing journey. I'm happy its not, I already have enough to consider
    I thought that too. I already knew hair can tell a lot about our diet once you analyse it. It's often used as a way to determine if someone was poisoned over a long period of time, and it's also a good indicator of your overall diet and shows if you have suffered any malnourishment periods or those of great nutrient-related abundance. The latter is often used as a tool to determine old civilization's diets. Hair can be so interesting!
    Buzz~NL~SL~...~Classic?

Length
    MBL/HL+/Clssc
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I was hoping they would find a correlation between dietary choices/nutrient deficiencies and the hair shaft quality (i.e. how likely the cuticles and cortex get damaged even without chemical/heat treatments)